Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.Job Description
This role will lead federal and state & local tax research, provide tax technical support to the tax teams, lead and execute the tax aspects of special projects, and provide technical trainings to the tax teams on a regular basis.
- Identify potential tax issues that may impact tax provisions and tax returns
- Lead and perform in-depth federal and state & local tax research and analysis
- Provide research conclusions and recommend alternatives in resolving tax issues
- Prepare tax memoranda to document tax analyses and conclusions
- Partner with both tax and non-tax leaders to implement tax strategies and execute special projects
- Partner with other tax leaders to resolve complex tax issues
- Provide technical support to tax compliance and other tax teams
- Regularly provide tax legislative/regulatory updates to the tax teams
- Participate in tax return reviews and other tax management projects
- Provide training to various levels of tax professionals on a regular basis
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic individual with strong federal and state tax technical skills
- Proven ability to identify tax issues and make connections with tax issues impacting other areasï¿½
- Proficient in resolving and documenting complex tax issues
- Experienced in leading the implementation of tax strategies in coordination with tax and non-tax team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both tax and non-tax audience
- An independent thinker who works well in a team environment, with sound negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to handle competing deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Good organizational and project management skills
- Experienced in training various levels of tax professionals
- Knowledge in ASC740 tax accounting a plus
Education and Experience
- More than 8 years of experience in a similar role in a law firm, Big 4 accounting firm, or in a multinational corporate tax department
- Masters or LLM Degree in taxation, or equivalent
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
A little about us:
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.