The Field Communications Director position is a fast-paced, always-on opportunity that supports strategic communications campaigns, and occasional external communications for The Home Depot s nearly 2,000 U.S. stores. This position directly supports and works closely with the company s Executive Vice President of U.S. Stores. The Director will also be responsible for communications to other dispersed workforces, including Supply Chain, Merchandising Execution Team (MET), and Outside Sales and Service consisting of Pro Sales, Home Services (installation business) and Interline Brands serving the Maintenance, Repair and Operations marketplace. The Director will be responsible for leading a team of extremely talented and experienced communications professionals already in place for these organizations.
This leader must bring big-thinking, strategic vision to the role in order to create large-scale strategic communications plans to include internal and external campaign elements, as well as associate (employee) engagement strategies to support the goals of the organizations. The Director will also have an integral role in crisis preparation and issues management. Therefore, this individual must be available and engaged at all times.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 20%- Have an integral role in crisis preparation and issues management.
- 50%- Lead Store/Operations communications (90% internal)
- 20%- Oversee Supply Chain, MET, OSS communications
- 10%- Team Development
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Communications.
- This position has 4 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a PhD program in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 10 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- 10+ years of strategic communications experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong organizational interpersonal skills; keen ability to prioritize and skillfully handle multiple assignments and high-volume detail work, within a fast-paced environment.
- A strong working knowledge of creative organizational communications.
- Fundamental understanding of social media, digital platforms and traditional media relations.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!