McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. McKesson Medical-Surgical provides medical-surgical supplies and equipment to physicians' offices, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and surgery centers. Our catalog includes more than 150,000 national brand products from bandages to exam tables, plus McKesson's own line of high-quality medical-surgical products. We're proud to be the only national distributor serving the entire continuum of healthcare.
Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—by joining McKesson Medical-Surgical you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Your expertise, drive and passion can help us improve everything we touch, from providers to payors to pharmacies. You’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
Sales leader covering assigned region within the Moore Medical business which includes multiple market segments on the east coast. Qualified candidates will live in near a major airport to provide better access to the region territories. Travel expectations 70% domestic air (and some auto).
This high profile position will be responsible for growing both new and existing business by directing the sales activities of 10-12 outside sales representatives, cultivating a system of proactive sales and service delivery, developing strategic account plans, establishing and monitoring sales goals, and developing close administrative relationships with key accounts.
- Create strategies to obtain new customers and market penetration within the assigned markets
- Collaborate with market management leaders
- Hands on development of field reps via traveling within the sales region and also visits with customers to ensure service levels are being met
- Provide reps with the resources they need to quote and close business
- Hire, train and develop sales reps
- Performance management
- Hit all sales related goals (Sales, GP dollar, GP percent, Lab, Flu, etc. )
- 8+ years sales experience
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Experience selling to C-suite
- Financial acumen (compare quarterly trends, year to year growth, margin erosion, etc
- Demonstrated performance management skills
- Demonstrated sales leadership skills
- Ability to set and execute strategy
- Proficiency with Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and CRM tools
- Ability to travel up to 70% within assigned regions
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in distribution sales
- Prior healthcare experience is preferred
- Demonstrated success in building and growing a new region / territory
- Mature confidence and self awareness (can influence others diplomatically)
- Ability to make difficult decisions and have difficult conversations
- Knowledge of GPO industry
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or related field or equivalent experience
Benefits & Company Statement
- Must have valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Ability to travel via domestic air and extended trips via automobile
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
No agencies please
McKesson is in business for better health.