Finance Director – Business Development
Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leader in financial services technology and one of FORTUNE® magazine's World's Most Admired Companies. Fiserv enables clients to achieve best-in-class results by driving quality and innovation in payments, processing services, risk and compliance, customer and channel management, and business insights and optimization.
Position Purpose: We are looking for a self-motivated, autonomous, intellectually curious, finance professional with a strong work ethic to join our team. In this highly visible and dynamic position you will partner with business development and operational business leaders to complete merger & acquisition modelling and due diligence; investment evaluation; and financial modelling.
Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Strong financial analysis, valuation, business acumen and modelling skills, including integrated financial models, DCF modeling, evaluation of payback and IRR
- Ability to prepare business cases as needed to support a growing technology business including build versus buy analysis
- Strategic and analytical thinker with ability to focus on details, synthesize broad amount of information into actionable information for executives. Able to quickly spot issues and develop a recommended approach
- Analyze and synthesize target company data to identify historical and projected financial and operational trends, quality of earnings, working capital considerations, potential liabilities and risks which impact valuation and negotiation of target company while gaining agreement on outcomes with the business partners
- Create and design tailored transaction advisory reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, valuation model input assumptions, achievability of management’s budget, prepare and/or analyze carve-out financial statements, etc.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on corporate financial implications compared to other strategic alternatives including alternative capitol allocation options, corporate investments, stock buy-back, and others
- Excellent finance, accounting and business acumen skills with knowledge of key current and emerging issues impacting strategic transactions
- Partner with business segments to develop and drive in-depth financial analyses, identifying key drivers, trends, variances, emerging risks and opportunities; regularly communicating findings to business partners and senior management in succinct and meaningful reporting
- Partner with Business finance leaders to effectively incorporate appropriate business assumptions into transaction models. Partner with business finance and finance excellence partners to seamlessly transition due diligence work to post-close integration efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business related field. MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred.
Job Related Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years progressive Finance or Accounting related experience
- M&A background preferred
- Leverage superior Excel and financial modeling skills to develop and maintain financial analyses to support key initiatives and decisions.
- Intermediate to advanced skill level on PowerPoint and Word. SAP and SAP Business Analyzer knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, in particular, an attention to detail and the ability to prepare reports in a timely and effective manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member with excellent interpersonal skills
- Drive the financial modeling predicated outcomes across multiple business stakeholders
- Travel as required, expected to average 25%
A little about us: