Overview: About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
ARAMARK Refreshment Services is North America's #1 refreshment services provider. Everyday we provide workplace refreshments to more than 100,000 locations throughout North America, offering clients a single source for office coffee service, water filtration, brand-name snacks, beverages and break-room essentials. Through our industry leading program, The Complete Breaktime Experience® ARAMARK offers a solution base approach to providing outstanding client services. ARAMARK Refreshment Services is part of the Business & Industry Group's portfolio of services we offer to Fortune 500 companies and other large and small employers, and is one of the fastest growing and dynamic business units within this group.
Plan, direct, and organize the consistent application of processes / policies / best practices, the thorough communication of company programs, and the organizational improvement initiatives that will assist the ARS Field Finance organization to run more efficiently, effectively, and profitability. Assist Regional Finance Managers in areas of opportunity within the Market Centers. Maintain positive working conditions within an environment of continuous improvement and change. Key Responsibilities:
- Plan, direct, organize, and implement initiatives that will lead to the continuous improvement of the Field Finance organization through standardization, simplification and automation.
- Develop the future vision of the Field Finance organization through collaboration with AVP, Finance, Sector CFO, FP&A, Regional Finance Managers and other relevant members of leadership.
- Become the Field's subject matter expert and provide detailed/effective/timely communication for existing programs, new initiatives, and upgraded software systems.
- Maintain continuous focus on providing outstanding customer service (both internal and external), within the finance organization.
- Responsible for maintaining, updating, and facilitating the communication of accounting policies.
- Interact with and support the AVP, Finance and Regional Finance Managers for special projects including Market Center engagements, audits, operational reviews, etc.
- Maintain engagement in Field Operations through Market Center visits (beyond the Finance department), conference call participation, and quarterly DM/Route rides.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Master's degree and/or CPA are preferred.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience in accounting
- Six Sigma Certification and Project Manage experience preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Has moved into progressively more responsible positions.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- This position will require 25%-50% travel.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.