About the Role: We are seeking a self-motivated, autonomous, intellectually curious finance professional with a strong work ethic to join our Bank Solutions Finance team as a Finance Director. In this highly visible and dynamic position you will lead, manage and direct the finance function preparing financial and business related analysis in a fast paced and dynamic finance organization supporting multiple business units and products. The primary focus of this role is to help drive profitable business growth by effectively partnering with Bank Solutions leaders and providing strong financial planning, reporting, analysis and modelling services for effective business management and corporate governance.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Bank Solutions Product Management and Strategy teams to develop financial pro-formas and other in-depth financial analyses which will influence both short term investments and longer term strategic investments. Regularly communicate findings to senior management through succinct and meaningful reporting.
- Develop product profitability models, and develop dashboards to be used by the Bank Solutions executive management team to assist them in making operational decisions, provide insight into deal pricing decisions and maximize profitable growth.
- Strong financial analysis and modelling skills, including complex integrated financial models, business cases, DCF modeling, evaluation of payback and IRR.
- The director will be relied upon to offer excellent quantitative analysis, qualitative business judgement and to build strong relationships with key decision makers and peers across the business unit.
- Coordinate and manage Bank Solutions financial and management reporting accurately and on a timely basis including appropriate variance analysis, evaluation of metrics and commentary for internal review and action. Support the Month End Close, Monthly Full Year Forecast, periodic business reviews, the Annual Long Range Plan, the Annual Operating Plan and the Annual Budget. These responsibilities require coordination with various functional departments and peers within Bank Solutions with adherence to Division, Group and Corporate requirements.
- Manage planning and forecasting processes in a manner that engages divisional management in a truly collaborative well planned effort that drives ownership and accountability across all areas.
- Monitor and control operating expenses to ensure alignment with budgets, including managing financial performance risk and helping the business adapt to new conditions and scenarios by defining and maintaining contingency plans and options.
- Analyze variances and trends in sales, revenue, expense, general business conditions and other related areas. Identify key data points and trends that demonstrate the relationship between the operational, financial and performance goals.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with ability to focus on details, synthesize broad amount of information into actionable information for executives. Able to quickly spot issues and develop a recommended approach.
- Analyze the impact of organizational changes, interpreting issues and providing financial expertise for project planning related to such activities.
- Evaluate transactions and revenue performance to provide actionable insights, and identify opportunities to grow revenue and profit through data mining and analytics.
- Excellent finance and accounting skills with knowledge of key current and emerging issues impacting strategic transactions and decisions.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred. 10+ years of applicable finance/accounting experience.
- Intellect and business judgment - This individual will demonstrate well-reasoned insights on financial and strategic issues/decisions. Exhibit the intellect and sound business judgment to make decisions in the best interest of Fiserv and the business.
- Executing for results - Candidates must demonstrate a bias for results. Persistence in pursuit of objectives is essential. This director must have the ability and the willingness to dive deeply into the financials to understand the root cause of issues. Once issues have been identified, this director must communicate findings and recommendations to senior leadership, exhibiting good judgment and decision making capability. Once a decision is made, possess the ability to execute for desired results.
- Business partnering, building relationships and using influence - This individual will convey a strong sense of executive presence both within and outside his/her organization. He/she will partner effectively with a senior management team and be a credible, effective representative of the business to clients and vendors. This director must be persuasive, exhibiting an ability to communicate with passion, energy and excitement for the business.
- A history of building teams and managing performance - The ability to assess, recruit, develop and retain talent is critical. This individual will recognize and utilize the strengths of key players, will hold people accountable for agreed-to results, promote teamwork across organizational boundaries, break down functional silos to optimize business results, and encourage overall performance.
- Interpersonal acumen – The successful candidate will possess unquestionable personal and professional ethics and a sense of flexibility and initiative that are essential to the success of this role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Travel as required, expected to average less than 25%.