Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Skylanders, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 200 countries, and we're continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our five key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios and Media Networks, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world.
Activision Publishing is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis to lead and drive global financial process, forecasting, reporting and consolidation. As the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis you are the conductor that sets the rhythm and pace for all of Activision Publishing's financial processes including: our annual operating plan, forecast and pacing updates, long range plans and quarterly closes. In addition to driving process and consistency across Activision's finance organization, this position is responsible for crafting and telling the Activision Publishing "story" to our leadership team. The role requires strong management skills and "hands on" abilities to ensure that our story is accurate, meaningful and timely. Prior FP&A experience with the ability to effectively lead a large organization through process from start to finish is highly desired. This role reports directly to the VP of Financial Planning and Analysis with regular interaction with Activision's CFO and will have 3 - 4 direct reports.
Primary Responsibilities and Expected Results:
o Forecasting and Reporting
• Lead the global forecast process and submission. Ensure effective financial P/L management and delivery of accurate, timely and complete financial information. Partner across the organization (Corporate Planning, Business Unit Finance, Regional Finance and Accounting) to ensure and validate the quality of key forecasting assumptions.
• Lead quarterly finance review with Activision Publishing leadership team (CEO / CFO) with focus on overall profitability and key business drivers. Identify key gaps and suggest related action plans needed to close gaps.
• Establish the corporate calendar for all financial beats (AOP, Forecast, close, etc.) and ensure deadlines are met
• Lead weekly pacing and executive KPI reporting
o Quarterly Close Support
• Lead the quarterly close process, consolidation and help articulate and communicate Activision's story.
• Work with global finance teams to ensure financial results are accurately reported and in compliance with all SEC and SOX requirements
• Process Journal Entries and Accruals by working closely with cost center owners to ensure monthly/quarterly development expenses are accurately captured
• Provide robust explanations of variances to forecast
o Business Planning and Analysis
• Lead global Annual Operating Plan
• Drive improvements to operating margin by identifying cost saving opportunities and opportunities for revenue growth
• Partner with local teams and lead their opex budgeting process - including quarterly reviews and annual planning
• Create reports and other analytical tools that aid Management decision making, track key KPIs, provide compelling insight to the business and result in operational improvements.
• Conduct Adhoc analysis as needed
o Manage team of 3 - 4 finance professionals
BA/BS in Finance or Related Fields
MBA highly preferred; CPA is a plus
Experience and Skills:
o A minimum of 7 - 10 years of experience, showing responsibility progression, in Financial Management and requiring strong technical and analytical skills
o A track record of success working in a team-based environment.
o Prior experience managing P-L, forecast submission and close processes
o Prior experience conducting financial analysis and leveraging to influence key decision making
o Demonstrated experience in translating and executing business strategies through tactical plans
o Demonstrated ability to build strong, productive working relationships across teams
o Seasoned executive presence; ability to successfully present complex material to senior leaders in a clear, compelling way
o Prior experience managing and effectively developing finance professionals/team
o Oracle & Hyperion experience
o Sound knowledge and understanding of GAAP. Understanding of financial statement (P&L, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows)
o Strong leadership, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
o Strong PowerPoint skills; technical and strategic: ability to build executive narratives
o Excellent problem-solving skills
o High attention to detail
o Ability to work in an extremely fast-paced environment
o Effective at time management and prioritization
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.