Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a director of financial planning & analysis (FP&A) to serve as a senior financial business partner to the global technology operations team. In this role, we are looking for someone who thrives in being a key strategic partner with key stakeholders in the internal information technology organizations (from director of IT to CXO) and provide operational and process leadership and oversight to Blizzard and its international offices. The director of FP&A is responsible for driving key finance processes among within the global technology organization including, but not limited to financial forecasting, budgeting and multi-year strategic plans, and providing key strategic financial consultations to the chief technology officer and senior vice president, global technology operations. In addition, this position helps to drive quarter-end business reviews, manage operational risk management processes, and partner with key business leaders to optimize and support the business expansion.
This role will lead and execute planning processes and initiatives worldwide, and will require the candidate to build partnerships with key stakeholders in the global technology organization in order to execute and deliver consolidated results to executive management. As the lead for consolidated reporting and planning, the director will require interaction throughout the entire Blizzard organization.
The ideal candidate is an independent, self-motivated leader with a proven track record of proactively identifying process efficiencies, anticipating business needs, and implementing solutions across the organization. Responsibilities
- Lead monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc forecasting worldwide, establishing and communicating process deliverables, and driving global execution.
- Proactively identify and implement process efficiencies to improve productivity and quality of forecasts.
- Partner with stakeholders in the Global Technology Operations and Finance community to identify key performance indicators, technology spend, developing and adapting as necessary.
- Develop and distribute management level reports in support of business reviews.
- Drive global standardization of forecasting tools and processes.
- Direct both long and short range financial planning on a global basis.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting of financial key performance indicators.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or relevant field of study and a minimum of 10 years' relevant professional experience within a publicly traded company.
- Previous experience at senior manager, finance level or above partnering with senior business leaders in the internal information technology department required.
- Strong financial analysis and organizational skills.
- Strong communications and presentation skills, with the ability to work with other members of the finance team and across the organization.
- Experience with Hyperion
- Passion for playing computer / video games
- Knowledge of and enthusiasm for MMORPGs
Required Application Materials
- Experience in the entertainment, technology, or video game industry
- International business experience
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.