This position is part of the Issues Management and Subsidiary Reporting Group within the Corporate Controller’s Department. The Issues Management and Subsidiary Reporting Group manages current and emerging issues impacting the Company’s financial reporting process and provides review of subsidiary GAAP reporting, enhancing quality and compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements.
Specific responsibilities of this position include:
- Ongoing review of PFI Subsidiary GAAP financial statements, enhancing quality and compliance with SEC and GAAP reporting requirements
- Monitoring of new guidance issued by standard setters (FASB, SEC, etc) and coordination of their implementation in subsidiary reporting.
- Analysis and resolution of technical accounting and reporting issues as they arise pertaining to PFI subsidiary financial reporting.
- Coordination of the Consolidated PFI quarterly and annual Out of Period and Waived Adjustments process, creating summary reports for submission to PFI Senior Management and review by the PFI SOX Advisory Council.
- Preparation of quarterly and annual PFI materiality analysis of errors and waived adjustments (SAB 99 Memo).
- Prepare and analyze various quarterly reports including the Consolidated PFI GAAP Approximations, PFI Litigation Reserves Summary, etc.
- Periodically lead the PFI weekly Issues Management meeting, documenting current status of new and existing issues for distribution to PFI Senior Management, PwC, BU Management, etc.
- Coordinate the quarterly Management Representation Letter process.
- Assist in identification and documentation of PFI Quarterly Significant Accounting Matters for distribution to PFI Senior Management and the PFI Audit Committee.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA is strongly desired.
- SEC reporting and GAAP accounting experience. Big 4 experience strongly desired.
- 8 to 10 years experience desired.
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities under tight time frames.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly motivated, team player that is detail oriented.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.