Description: The Director of Fleet Operations, will provide fleet leadership to a major segment of Aramark's business which includes Facilities Services and Higher Education.
The position is responsible for strategic planning, vendor performance management, compliance oversight, asset utilization / replacement / remarketing, asset inventory, and maximization of vendor agreements and regulatory compliance. The position is responsible for developing and refining vehicle specifications to provide the optimum vehicle choices.
- Total Fleet Management: Manage and direct the Aramark fleet thru managing third party providers to optimize costs and performance. Includes but not limited to the following responsibilities: fleet utilization / rightsizing; asset management and inventory control; vehicle assignment, selection, acquisition, remarketing strategy development; replacement planning; life cycle cost analysis, vehicle specifications for standardization, all upfitting needs and customizations.
- Vehicle Specifications: lead specification development and refinement within the business segment assigned. Collaborate with procurement on vehicle specifications and right sizing. The position should be seen as the go to position for optimizing vehicle specifications.
- Analysis and Reporting: Evaluate existing fleet management activities, protocols, and procedures. Utilize information, data and formal analysis to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities. Prioritize needed changes and make recommendations that consider available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
- Financial, Data and Performance Management: Provide for the most economical, safe, and environmentally sensitive use of fleet resources. Create and actively manage performance metrics to proactively measure and report on critical areas, including fleet policy compliance; cost; asset utilization and Sustainability metrics and strategy
- Customer and Stakeholder Management: Maintain collaborative relationships with ARAMARK's Lines of Business, suppliers, ELC members, and other stakeholders including ARAMARK Human Resources, Legal, I.T., and Internal Audit, procurement and ARAMARK's Compliance Office and Vice Presidents of Compliance.
- Employee Relations and Team Development: Use appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to build a supportive and cohesive work environment. Take action to build strategic relationships between one's area and other areas, teams, departments, units, or organizations.
- Policy Communication and Oversight: implement and regularly review fleet management program policies, procedures, and oversight mechanisms as it relates to vehicle acquisitions and asset management. Clearly convey and receive information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience, helps them understand and retain the message, and permits response, feedback, and management oversight.
This position reports to the VP of North American Fleet operations. Position interacts with all levels of management, staff and outside vendors and service providers.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications
- MBA or Engineering Degree Preferred, Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- 7+ years' progressive fleet management experience, including 5 years of vehicle acquisition, asset management and vehicle specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of fleet management legislation and best practices
- Proven operational and technical expertise in aspects of Fleet asset management
- Strong analysis, strategic visioning, customer service, change management, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient PC skills including: Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and data base management.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.