Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as Director, Global Alliance Management in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Global Alliance Management working on the Global Alliance Management team, you will be empowered to maximize the success, value and efficiency of our partnered programs by providing leadership and establishing alliance management best practices for each of our major alliances across Takeda globally. A typical day will include: POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- This role will support the strategies and business plans of Takeda and further establish Takeda as a partner of choice.
- Implement strategic initiatives to enhance our alliance management capability that enables Takeda to achieve its growth plan and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner.
- Lead the development of tools and training to educate all Takeda alliance team members to effectively manage alliance activities and constructively avoid or resolve conflicts with alliance partners.
- Develop and maintain key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally, to achieve alliance objectives.
- Independently lead multiple strategically important global alliance partnerships. These product alliances may involve commercial products or products in R&D and can span all functions and regions across the company.
- Design the governance of all new alliances including dispute resolution mechanisms.
- Lead the launches of new partnerships and the ongoing governance of existing alliances.
- Committee members will include executives from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification, including leading impasse resolution between companies when necessary.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its alliance partner to ensure responsibilities are met, including leading process for revising contractual agreements as necessary.
- Measure alliance performance and implement action plans for continuous improvement across Takeda’s alliance portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced Degree (MBA, PharmD, PhD) preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of R&D, sales, marketing or other relevant experience in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- Minimum of four years in management-level positions with increasing responsibilities.
- Experience designing and implementing strategic initiatives to create organizational alignment and/or establish new capabilities.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams, including senior management members, to accomplish shared goals.
- Experience working with long-term partnerships.
- Deep understanding and experience in at least two of the following areas:
- Pharmaceutical research
- Clinical drug development and approval
- Pharmaceutical sales and marketing
- Licensing and business development
- Project management
- Alliance management experience preferred
- Professional certification in alliance management, project management, corporate training, or another relevant discipline preferred.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- This position requires 20-35% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings / clients.
Empowering Our People to Shine
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.