Get your GO on and step up to the challenge and opportunity of this high profile Director of Global Benefits role reporting to the VP Global Total Rewards. Based in our World Headquarters in New Jersy, you will be responsible for the strategy, governance, policy and management/administration of Benefit Programs across our global business, with a particular focus on North America. You will support the organization's overall strategic objectives while meeting all legal requirements and you will also partner with the Care Centre of Expertise within HR to drive a broader Wellness Initiative.
Avis Budget Group is a leading global provider of mobility solutions. We are a Fortune 500 Global Leader in the travel services industry operating 4 industry leading brands: Avis; Budget; Zipcar and Payless. Firmly established as a leader in the vehicle rental industry, our history of focusing on customers, our people, growth, innovation and efficiency drives impressive bottom line success and has delivered strong year on year results.
In this global role you will work across 27 countries, collaborating with HR in each country to ensure seamless execution. To be successful in this demanding role you will be an expert benefits leader, able to make a positive impact on key responsibilities, some of which will include the following:
- Responsible for the strategy and overall design and administration of organizations benefits and retirement programs.
- Responsible for creating and driving a global governance structure to manage benefits globally.
- Ensures that all pension and health and welfare benefit plans are administered in conformance with organization's policies and procedures, Plan documentation, contractual arrangements, and regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes and updates, as necessary, current policies and procedures to ensure efficiency, regulatory compliance and attainment of best practices with regard to benefits management and administration.
- Assists with the preparation of RFPs, negotiation of vendor contracts, drafting of communications, and review of documentation including but not limited to proposals, contracts, plan documents, amendments, and summary plan descriptions.
- Oversees necessary tasks involved with annual benefit/insurance renewals, union changes and open enrollment.
- Responsible for all employee benefit communications, including open enrollment materials, Intranet postings, Summary Plan Descriptions, and letters to carriers/participants, ensuring that all benefits are effectively communicated to employees and partners.
- Oversees research and analysis of the organization's and competitor benefits plans and programs.
- Responsible for benefit communication materials and presentations to all levels of the organization's employees.
- Prepares and reviews budgets for all of the organization's benefit plans.
- Ensures high level of employee service and satisfaction are attained. Assists with the management and maintenance of ongoing relationships with outside consultants, brokers, carriers and third-party vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience (PHR, CBP or CEBS preferred).
- Minimum of 8-10 years benefits experience required
- Experience working in a corporate environment preferred
- Experience managing multiple vendors
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail, follow-up and problem resolution.
- Strong aptitude towards efficiency, quality and consistency as well as a focus on customer service.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, as both a team member and a team leader.
- Ability to build partnerships and positively interact with others.
- Strong technical and analytical skills required.
- Executive presence preferred.
- Solid PC skills including knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Workday or similar HRIS platforms.
Minimal travel is required.
Our Benefit Programs include Retirement Plans (401k and pensions), Group Health and Welfare, FMLA, LOA, Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, FSA, EAO, tuition reimbursement and employee discount program.
If you are an expert benefits leader ready to make a direct impact during a period of significant change and transformation, get your GO on and apply now!
Avis Budget Group is an EEO Employer Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled
The information listed above is intended to describe the general nature and level of this position. Essential functions and responsibilities may change as business needs require. Your response to this advertisement may result in your consideration for employment with an affiliated company of Avis Budget Group, the publicly traded parent company of Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC and its subsidiaries. Offers of employment will be made by Avis Budget Car Rental, LLC or any of its employing companies or brands, including Avis, Budget, Budget Truck or AB Car Rental Services.