Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The position is designed to provide transactional expertise and support to the Merck Animal Health management by identifying, evaluating, negotiating and executing third party business arrangements consistent with operational and strategic objectives. This will involve actively screening the animal health industry and related sectors for attractive project opportunities in various categories, including newly emerging diseases, biopharmaceuticals, food safety, vaccine delivery, and other vaccines and pharmaceuticals. Transactions to be executed include acquisitions, licenses, distribution arrangements, JVs and other business collaborations.
The incumbent should establish, facilitate and maintain networks with potential partners; actively seek contacts in the related industry sectors and present MAH as a preferred partner. During the transaction process, the incumbent organizes and manages cross-functional project teams to effectively analyze all aspects of the opportunity (where applicable, teams may include representatives from Commercial Operations, Global Marketing, Finance, Legal, Manufacturing, R&D, EHS, etc.).
The scope of responsibilities will include:
- The identification and management of opportunities to evaluate and potentially license or acquire technologies and products based on the recommendation of management.
- Negotiating collaborations supporting new product development by MSD Animal Health.
- The evaluation of third party technology opportunities in close contact with counterparts from Research & Development and Commercial Operations.
- The formalization of agreements on advice from Legal Counsel.
- Post-transactional oversight of ongoing contractual obligations and management of partner relations.
The position will report to the Associate Vice President, Global Business Development and Licensing. Qualifications:
Education Minimum Requirement:
Required Experience and Skills:
- Significant level of business development and negotiating skills and experience;
- Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Strong relationship-building skills
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Management of international teams and tasks
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Business Degree preferred
- Advanced scientific degree or life sciences background/experience
- Familiarity with contract law and/or intellectual property law preferred
- Animal Health Industry preferred
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement