The Director of Global Communications leads the creation and execution of internal and external strategies in support of the CFO Office and the overall Finance organization.
The Director will sit in the Financial Management organization working closely with Global Marketing, Advertising and Communications teams. In this role, you will be a trusted partner who can provide a full range of executive communications including content development (messaging, scripts, employee emails, presentations, website), event management (Town halls, leadership meetings), pitching media (social & traditional) and a variety of other internal and external activities.
The successful candidate will have strong communications experience, sound judgment and demonstrated ability in successfully managing communications strategies, developing messaging and providing strategic counsel.
- Serve as day-to-day communications contact for CFO and other senior, financial executives.
- Help develop an executive visibility platform for the CFO and relevant leadership in support of the broader, company story.
- Create, execute and measure annual communications programs that drive engagement of the company’s internal and external key stakeholders.
- Design engagement programs that resonate with a diverse, global employee base.
- Work alongside partners within Finance, Treasurers, Investor Relations, Corporate Law, Risk, Audit, Actuarial and others to support key initiatives across the company.
- Assists on enterprise-wide communications, working collaboratively with colleagues in Global Communications.
- BA/BS degree; Advanced graduate degree is preferred.
- Minimum 12 years of relevant communications experience; combination of corporate and agency is ideal.
- Media relations experience (traditional & social) preferred.
- Proven track record of executing successful integrated communications programs, working closely with senior leaders and mentoring junior talent.
- Team-oriented, client centric mind-set with a track record of working directly with executives.
- Capable of translating complex concepts into succinct, understandable narratives.
- Able to lead projects independently while also collaborating as part of a matrixed team.
- Strong project management skills and ability to prioritize multiple and sometimes competing assignments in fast-paced environment.
- Clear, concise and engaging verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate closely with corporate disciplines, while serving as counselor to senior executives.
- Working knowledge of and experience in the financial services industry - understanding of the institutional and retail market segments is essential.
A little about us:
Our support of the military includes providing civilian employment opportunities to transitioning service members and military spouses.