Johnson & Johnson’s Cardiovascular & Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group within Medical Devices is recruiting for a Director, Global Digital Marketing located in Irvine, CA. The CSS Group is the fastest growing segment within Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices and serves a diverse base of customers in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT), Infection Prevention, Cardiovascular (Electrophysiology), Stroke , Surgical Aesthetics, Sedation and Reprocessing.
The Director of Global Digital Marketing for CSS Johnson & Johnson is a critical leadership role within the Global strategic marketing organization. This individual has the responsibility to develop and execute digital strategies in support of our marketing plans & brands, and stimulate demand to drive our growth aspirations. The Director is responsible for leading the development and execution of the digital strategies, and is the key driver of digital marketing innovation and capabilities required to deliver optimum customer experiences and further augment commercial/business impact. The Director will lead digital initiatives to include; identification and integration of innovative digital technologies, critical support systems, platform recommendations, social networking, all critical functional processes, globalization and sustainability of digital initiatives. The Director will be on point to manage all digital related programs for CSS including management of agencies and providers involved in running the programs.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director is in a leadership role in the establishment and implementation of Global digital capability in the area of Marketing including; expansion of educational & message reach and active communications, digital content marketing, backend database management and applied analytics. Role spans across Global Strategic Marketing and regional marketing and includes downstream execution and support.
- He/she will create a Global Digital Roadmap framing the priorities and expected deliverables in line with the Strategy for CSS Johnson & Johnson.
- He/ she will execute the digital vision and roadmap of projects to support the brands & growth ambitions
- He/she is expected to own and drive digital marketing with a prime emphasis on marketing effectiveness & “digital fit”. Areas of particular focus will include: digital messaging around CSS products and solutions, patient and HCP /society awareness and endorsement of our brands, CRM platform development, and development of new professional education capabilities in the digital space. The Director will navigate across 6 different business segments and will need to ensure alignment with Global Strategic Marketing, Professional Education, clinical marketing and Regional Sales strategies (with particular emphasis on North America).
- He/She will also assure critical enablers are in place; people, process, programs and technology.
- He/She will take part in potential adjacent company wide initiatives such as “big data”, new product development, hospital system network connectivity programs, support to new ecosystems etc
- The Director will leverage and collaborate across One MD, Global / Regional Centers of Excellence, Global Prof-Ed Institutes for Prof-Ed Global projects, technology, systems, metrics, logistics, contracting, faculty management, content development/management and compliance.
- He/she will create metrics to measure the effectiveness of digital, technology and value creation initiatives as well as manage relationships with 3rd party suppliers to include; digital, interactive marketing, simulation, e-technology and value creation.
- The Director has to direct the development, leveraging and implementation of tools and technology to drive scalability, efficiency and effectiveness of the various marketing and professional education programs across CSS
- Wherever possible, strategies should be leveraged globally with repeatable best practices, standards and centralized capabilities to create efficiencies and holistic digital brand experience.
- He/ She will have oversight responsibility for assuring necessary tools, policies and procedures are integrated to support and comply with all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include Advamed, PharMa, ACCME, etc.
- He/she will participate in benchmarking of MD&D and other industries for Best-in-Class, digital, innovative technology and value creation and partner with IT to strategize on digital and technology requirements.
- A minimum of a BS/BA required; advanced degree (MBA) preferred.
- A minimum 10 years related business experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years interactive digital marketing experience driving strategic, web, mobile, social and on-line video capabilities is required.
- A minimum of 5 years leadership experience in Sales, Marketing or Professional Education is required.
- Experience within Healthcare or consumer/ medical devices environment is preferred
- Ability to deliver digital marketing results in a complex environment required
- Experience in capturing and analyzing web analytics and applying results to drive results required
- Project Management experience is a must, preferably with digital technology and/or systems development required
- A strong understanding of multi-channel marketing and demonstrate experience in digital technology required
- Experience in working with Information technologies required
- People management strongly preferred
- Ability to develop a CSS digital strategy and execute with limited supervision and team support required
- A strong strategic marketing expertise, with familiarity with segmentation and direct experience with web measurement/ analytics required
- Project leadership, problem solving and solutions driven skills required
- Ability to work in Global markets and creating Global alignment strongly preferred
- Understanding of customer insights and the ability to translate them into business ideas/ business innovation required
- This position is based in Irvine, CA and requires up to 15% travel
Biosense Webster Inc. (6010)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.