Johnson and Johnson International, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Director of Global Energy to be based in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical device markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
The objective of this position is to lead the efficient and effective direction of the corporate energy and conservation programs worldwide. It is responsible for the strategic execution of Johnson & Johnson’s Climate Friendly Energy Policy and achieving its public facing targets and goals. Also directs the purchase of energy and sets strategy to reduce energy consumption and costs globally.
The role will routinely interface with numerous internal business stakeholders including Supply Chain, R&D, and Commercial leaders. The role will also interface with external stakeholders including government agencies, non-governmental agencies, interest groups, customers, etc. on a regular basis.
- Determine long term goals and develop strategies to meet those goals in the areas of climate policy, public sustainability reporting, energy and cost reductions, greenhouse gas emissions reductions, water reductions, and energy procurement. Influence senior leadership and the J&J operating companies in efforts to achieve the worldwide emissions reduction and conservation goals. Own and manage the CO2 reduction project funding process. Help operating companies to identify projects, secure funding and execute.
- Establish and influence regional and sector teams to develop and execute strategies to meet energy and conservation goals. Provide technical training, direction, and tools as needed. Vet and develop new technologies that can be used to reduce our environmental footprint globally.
- Develop and implement global energy procurement strategies to assure adequate supply, and control costs while ensuring compliance with internal policies. Identify opportunities to contract long term renewable energy power purchase agreements globally. Negotiate and execute contracts and/or support those efforts by the operating companies.
- Manage a web-based energy tracking and information system. Assure accurate records of global energy and water consumption, cost and CO2 emissions. Prepare and issue annual reports for internal and external use: corporate management, operating company management, government agencies, and non-government organizations. Direct annual third party data assurance process to ensure compliance with international green house gas (GHG) standards and our internal GHG protocol. Report annual results to various external public investor surveys.
- Partner with Environment, Health, Safety, & Sustainability to establish goals and strategies to reduce our environmental footprint and meet the Citizenship & Sustainability goals. Support the development of a climate and human health strategy and associated communication efforts. Create strategies and goals to measure and control all Scope 1 (direct), Scope 2 (indirect), and Scope 3 (value chain) emissions sources. Support our scope 3 efforts with internal and external stakeholders. Ensure J&J is current with international reporting trends and standards.
- Establish partnerships with government agencies, industry groups and NGO’s on issues related to energy and climate change. Collaborate with these groups on programs to improve environmental outcomes, establish good public policy. Develop strategies to achieve external recognition for our internal energy and climate positive efforts
- Minimum of BS in Engineering, Science or related Discipline is required.
Advanced degree is preferred
10 years experience is required.
Proven leadership and knowledge of climate science, energy technologies, renewable energy, utility purchasing, and project management are required.
Must be familiar with the operation of manufacturing and research facilities.
Must be knowledgeable regarding public policies, laws, programs, funding incentives, etc. related to energy initiatives
Must have the ability to perform financial analyses of capital projects.
Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, are required.
Strong influencing skills along with the ability to negotiate with key business leaders is critical.
Experience managing capital and expense budgets is required.
This position is required to set long term goals and develop the strategies to meet those goals. Must provide the leadership and influencing skills to engage a worldwide group of some 100 key directors, managers, and professionals to successfully implement our energy policies and strategies, with minimal direction from his/her supervisor.
Experience making decisions regarding the purchase of energy including selection of vendors, contract terms and strategies, within the established procurement standards and procedures
Must have a Strong network of peers in the sustainability community and be comfortable speaking publically on a regular basis
This position could require up to 35% travel both domestic and international.
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function
Environmental Health & SafetyRequisition ID
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.