Janssen Research & Development,
LLC, a member of the J&J Family of Companies, is
recruiting for a Global Flex Alliance Management Director to be located at any
of the following sites: US: Spring House, PA; Titusville or Raritan, NJ. EU:
High Wycombe, UK; Leiden , NL; Beerse BE.
At the Janssen
Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping
people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing
some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the
most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and
develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet
medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and
vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
to learn more.
We are Janssen. Our
mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for
the health of everyone in it.
The Director, Global
Flex Alliance Management, is a member of the External Alliances department and
responsible for designing and implementing the appropriate structure and
governance to manage the Flex Model and relationship and performance of the
Partners in Flex.
You will develop and
lead a strategy for optimizing the Flexible capacity model globally, driving
scalability within the Pharmaceutical organization and cross-sector.
Responsible for successful relationships with the Partners and involved Janssen
Functions, striving to meet the short-and long-term deliverables in
collaboration with the business.
You will play a key role
in driving and providing leadership in the development and implementation of a
Flex framework – including standards and criteria - facilitating compliance
with contractual obligations, while meeting business needs and global
a coherent, unified approach towards the Partner, through thorough
analysis, transparent metrics and frequent interactions.
a solid understanding of the needs of the functions as well as how the
Partner can best deliver on those needs.
closely with Procurement and Legal on the design and execution of the Flex
Alliance Management structure and governance.
as Subject Matter Expert on day-to-day Flex Model related activities to
direct, fortify and manage the interfaces.
Flex Alliance Management team and provide strong cross-functional
leadership on structure and partner performance.
partnership, as a representative and spokesperson for Janssen.
Design and execute the
governance structure of the relationship:
- Develop and execute realistic strategic plans, target on
time supply of Flex needs and utilizing business intelligence on country
regulations, market dynamics and partner specialties.
- Develop key performance and key quality indicators to
assess the overall health of the relationship and ensure anticipation of
problem areas, opportunities and threats through global heat maps.
- Align business needs and teams to ensure appropriate
resources are applied to delivering on the portfolio milestones.
Drive execution of the
vision, strategies and capabilities of the Flex Model and its partners:
- Demonstrate adherence to expectations and maintain broad
and deep external partner relations.
- Is knowledgeable of the Partner’s propositions, their
markets and business challenges; the needs of the Functions and
their long-term strategies and how the partner can be engaged in
delivering those needs.
- Leads day-to-day management of alliance activities,
strategic roadmap alignment and related activities.
- Understands the contractual obligations toward the partner
and avoids potential liabilities from not adhering to those.
This position reports
to the Head External Alliances, PDO, GCDO.
- Bachelor’s or University degree in a scientific discipline.
An advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, MD, PhD) is preferred.
- 10 or more years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated global leadership success: Proven track record
of people and project management.
- Experience managing external stakeholders/vendors.
- Is familiar with the concept of governance and the use of key
performance and quality indicators.
- Experience managing complex business challenges in
combining systems, business needs and data driven strategy.
- Understanding of the lease labor workforce landscape or
related experience; Knowledge of vendor markets and supplier
- Lead and operate in a matrix environment and interact
with multiple stakeholders on a regular basis. Ability to build strategic
- Travel approximately 10-20%- internationally.
- Outstanding, proven, communication, negotiation and
- Problem solver | Strategic thinker | Leader and
- Strong customer focus, flexible and persistent.
- Sound business and financial acumen. Familiarity with legal
and financial good business practices.
- Diplomatic and business acumen skills to reconcile the
needs of internal and external stakeholders.
- Results oriented, i.e. is strong at both at strategy and
J&J is an
equal opportunity employer
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOther Locations
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, North America-United States-New Jersey-Titusville, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Netherlands-South Holland-Leiden, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-BeerseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function
Clinical Trial Coordination
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.