Director, Global GTM Product Marketing, Oracle Cloud Security
Are you passionate about Oracle's strategy to lead in the cloud-first world? Do you love to compete? Do you thrive in dynamic environments where the market landscape is constantly changing and you need to anticipate competitors' moves? Are you excited by the opportunity to make Oracle the #1 cloud platform in the market?
The global Oracle Cloud Go to Market product marketing team is looking for a Director, GTM Product Marketing - Cloud Security to lead marketing GTM strategy that includes messaging, market intelligence, sales enablement, and go to market efforts relative to key security segments and in particular, our new identity cloud service and Oracle Public Cloud offerings. This role requires product expertise, business and marketing savvy and close collaboration with stakeholders across marketing, product development and field sales teams.
As a Product Marketer / GTM Leader at Oracle, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of cloud GTM marketing specifications for Cloud Security
- Run sales enablement and marketing plays
- Lead a team of product marketers by providing direction and mentoring
- Managing marketing activities within the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives
- Managing the development of business plans and monitoring results
- Managing product lifecycles and positioning in the market place
- Identifying customer needs, overseeing market research, and monitoring market trends and competitive landscape
- Implementing and monitoring field sales plays and integrated marketing campaigns
- Acting as a technical advisor for specific product(s), including public speaking
- Initiating and fostering relationships with development, sales, and other groups to create new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s)
- Ensuring successful product releases based on corporate priorities
- Directing the implementation of operational policies through subordinate managers
- Interacts internally and externally with executive management involving negotiation of difficult matters to influence policy.
As a cloud security leader, your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining the strategy and framework for our global cloud security services GTM program
- Analyzing competitors' strategy, including a deep understanding of competitors' product portfolios down to feature level expertise
- Identifying opportunities to out-position competitors based on areas of product differentiation, both in the short and long term
- Building technical content to help customers understand Oracle vs. competitor's offerings
- Defining and creating content bill of materials, including use cases, detailed personas, key themes, customer lifecycle messaging, differentiated value propositions and ROI, field communications and sales enablement readiness in partnership with other product marketing managers, product management and field sales teams.
- Relationship management and development with larger GTM team, as well as the corporate marketing organization, including advertising, digital, communication, integrated marketing to put marketing plans into action
- Deep Technical knowledge of Oracle cloud solutions, including the ability to demonstrate Oracle security solutions and understand competitor's products and services
- Extensive security and cloud security background with cloud security services experience
- 10 years of identity management, database security and other security technology expertise
- The ability to work across teams (engineering, marketing, sales and services) to ensure appropriate promotion of competitive differentiation through the right channels
- Demonstrated bias for action and driving results
- At least 3 to 5 years' experience in roles such as marketing or sales, evangelism, program management, etc. within the information technology (IT) industry
The candidate should also have:
- B.A./B.S in Computer Science or Engineering (preferred), Marketing or related field
- M.B.A. preferred (or equivalent in related work experience)
Prefer candidates based near Oracle HQ in SF Bay area. Travel Component :
approx. 15-30% Global travel Contact:
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
O racle supports workforce diversity and is an equal employment opportunity employer Qualifications:
Development and implementation of business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for a product/service or vertical market. Manages a staff of managers.
As a manager in product marketing, you will be responsible for leading the development of company marketing specifications for specific product(s) or product line(s). Manage marketing activities within the context of the overall corporate plan to meet company objectives. Monitor the development of business plans and business results of e-marketing. Manage lifecycles and product positioning in the market place. Identify customer needs, oversee market research, and monitor the market trends/competitive landscape. Implement and monitor advertising campaigns. Act as a technical advisor for specific product(s). Initiate and foster relationships with development, sales, and other groups to develop new products or enhance functionality of existing product(s) or product line(s). Ensure successful product releases based on corporate priorities.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations. Practical internet knowledge. Software business management experience. 7 years technical marketing experience. Previous development experience or developer marketing experience desired. Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities. Successful track record in management. BA/BS degree. MBA preferred.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.