Job Description :
Baxter International Inc. provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter's 50,000 employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care
Responsible for ensuring that Baxter's global operations network is positioned to be a source of competitive advantage and is capable of delivering the long-term performance needed by its businesses. Manages the company's manufacturing strategic planning processes / projects and leads in-depth review of key strategic issues and investment prioritization for business units covered. Defines goals, develops programs and action plans, performs options analysis to achieve the strategic plans, and ensures resources are prioritized to execute action plans. Position serves as an advisor and partner to the business units and regions in issue-driven, opportunity analysis and to lead business unit/region/function-level assessments.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Leads development of long-range manufacturing strategies for business unit(s) to optimize the global manufacturing network and meet business goals.
- Manages strategic planning activities, including tools, templates, presentations, etc.
- Performs scenario planning analysis to assist management in understanding the risk/benefit tradeoffs between various approaches and opportunities.
- Assists business units and functions to prioritize investments needed to support future growth as well as respond to changing business conditions by providing options analysis and decision support.
- Advises business units/regions/functions in resolving strategic issues through situation analysis.
- Represent operations function during business development due diligence activities, deal development, and develop acquisition integration plans.
- Analyzes the impact on operations and provides decision support to the business related to restructuring, rationalization, and divestiture activities.
- Facilitates reviews across division/region/function of environmental, regulatory, tax, trade, labor and other elements related to the strategic projects he/she is leading.
- Interacts on a regular basis with key senior business leaders to ensure business needs are addressed.
- Supports the review and analysis of project spending, in conjunction with Finance.
- Requires a bachelor's degree in business, marketing, finance or science/technology. Master's degree in finance, marketing, business or science/technology preferred.
- 10+ solid years of business experience and, at least, five years of management experience in dealing with issues of business and manufacturing strategy.
- Experience in large scale, global pharmaceutical or medical device manufacturing network is highly preferred
- General business knowledge and in-depth knowledge in one or more of the following is needed to guide development of strategies: Manufacturing, Engineering or Operations.
- Solid business acumen and knowledge of external healthcare business environment along with an understanding of competitive history and the ability to forecast next moves.
- Solid understanding of the key drivers of manufacturing performance and how manufacturing capabilities can be used to derive competitive advantage in a healthcare setting
- Solid quantitative and qualitative assessment skills, critical thinking skills, and ability to constructively challenge ideas and assumptions.
- Familiarity with discrete manufacturing operations employing plastics processing technologies (e.g. extrusion, injection molding, automated assembly).
- Exposure to manufacture of sterile products a plus.
- Requires a strategic orientation, ability to deal with uncertainty and ambiguity and the ability to help translate ideas into manufacturing / business strategies
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to facilitate/manage in a matrix environment
- Solid process management skills
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to work in a highly matrixed, consensus-driven organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
A little about us:
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.