Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Global Market Research in our Cambridge, MA office.
H ere, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Global Market Research working on the Oncology Market Research team, you will be empowered to make meaningful contributions, and a typical day will include: POSITION OBJECTIVES:
Takeda Oncology is searching for a creative, resourceful, integrative thinker for a highly visible team lead role. This role will be responsible for evolving the approach to Global Brand Market Research and Analytics. The successful candidate will serve as a change agent, challenging the status quo and redefining how the Brand Insights team partners with key stakeholders.
This leader will serve as the player-coach for the team responsible for executing qualitative and quantitative global market research to derive insights to drive, challenge/validate strategic business and marketing decisions across 3 oncology Brands and to create a performance based culture that empowers and enables team members to efficiently deliver their best.
This role will be accountable for transforming team capabilities to become Insights professionals who integrate a variety of primary and secondary data sources and serving as a thought-partners to the Brand teams.
This role will identify opportunities for cross-brand or portfolio research initiatives and coordinates across the BU. In addition, this role oversees departmental processes to ensure compliance with legal, finance, privacy, and pharmacovilance and manages overall department processes for vendor identification, selection of innovative new methodologies / vendors, agency on-boarding and identification and resolution of outsourcing service issues.
The incumbent in this role will be a subject matter expert in current therapeutic areas and ensures efficient operating procedures and best practices to develop staff . This position works closely with Takeda Oncology leadership. POSITION ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications: EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: Required:
- Function as a strategic business partner to the Global Marketing teams, as well as various commercial analytics functional areas to address key business issues across 3 commercial products
- Collaborate with commercial leadership; articulate and present updates on commercial performance to senior executive teams; communicate findings, effectively pulling through change within the broader organization
- Responsible for ensuring the strategic application of all business insight functions to support commercialization of all products.
- Guide team to proactively identify opportunities & threats for the brands they support
- Provide brand partners with actionable insights from integrated sources, including intelligence about the competitive environment and provider, payer and patient attitudes and behaviors
- Stay current on marketplace performance and evolving trends affecting market potential and provide regular insights to commercial stakeholders
- Develop and maintain deep expertise in past, current and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products.
- Use market knowledge to guide brand team strategy and execution
- Impart best practices, innovation, and operational excellence in project management, qualitative and quantitative techniques, and new market research approaches to address business objectives
- Guide team through creation of impactful annual situation assessment to support brand planning cycle
- Lead team in the performance of market research including
- Study design, vendor selection, fieldwork logistics planning and management, analysis of findings, creation and presentation of final reports.
- Selection of effective methodology based on the objectives of the studies
- Develop, execute, and implement research processes across the team to ensure a logically consistent analysis and interpretation of market research results that facilitate insights into commercial strategy and decision making
- Prioritize the work of direct reports to ensure that all required work is completed in a timely manner to support the portfolio of brands
- Establish and manage annual market research budget
- Establish and maintain departmental policies and procedures
- Oversee market research regulatory and compliance guidelines
- Develop/refine processes to achieve better business outcomes
Knowledge and Skills:
- BA or BS degree required with a preference in the Life Sciences. Master's degree in business, marketing, or social sciences preferred
- 8+ years’ related experience in marketing sciences, market research and/or management consulting
- 5+ years’ experience in the bio/pharmaceutical or related field with direct responsibilities using research and analytics to influence the decision process of global brands and commercial leadership strategy in support of marketed global oncology products; global launch experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to transform capabilities and mindsets of staff and business stakeholders
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Deep expertise in generating commercial insights from large transactional data sets,
- Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills and an ability to communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders. An ability to influence for greater outcomes
- Experience leading teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop talent
- Complete understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, application and working knowledge of marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science and quantitative market research
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects
- Confidence to try new solutions and willingness to take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in research processes. Must possess excellent analytic, proactive and pragmatic problem solving skills - analyzes situations to appropriate challenge the status quo, think of new solutions and make actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to draw insights from data and research findings
- Excellent communication ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intententions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders
- Able to set priorities, develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge of market research industry principals and practices
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to clients to assure research design addresses business needs
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills
- Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget for brands
- Ability to manage internal and external resources (people, information, technologies, time, and capital);allocates resources appropriately, given organization, group and individual goals and objectives to align with business goals
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic area and products
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 30%, more as needed for specific business
Empowering Our People to ShineLearn more at takedajobs.com . Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered to shine.