Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This position will require outstanding leadership in Product and Brand Management. This experienced marketer's role will initially focus on the full strategy for the GI Cancer indications (Gastric, Esophageal, HCC, CRC, Pancreatic, Biliary, Anal, Rectal,).
- Preparing the global market for the introduction of this new product.
- Advisory board development and management.
- Thought Leader engagement.
- Exhibits & Conventions Planning and Execution.
- Interactive Marketing.
- Medical and HEOR Publication Planning.
- Scientific platform development & tactical execution.
- Organized customer engagement strategy and tactical execution.
- Demonstrated ability to work to solutions within complex organizations and markets and leading sub teams in support of key marketing strategy areas.
- Effective cross-functional leader with proven ability to create brand plans that generate both revenue and operating income. Work effectively with cross-functional partners including research and development, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, manufacturing, health economics. outcomes research, business development & Licensing, market analytics, field sales organization, international and domestic operations, legal, scientific communications, professional education, training and development, health care compliance, etc.
- Successfully navigate the internal and external environments and deliver value to our customers. Provides commercial input on such activities including, commercial product profile development, , launch readiness reviews, organized customer interactions, market research, competitive intelligence, demand, revenue forecasts, BD&L activities, and agency partner management.
- Responsible for maximizing physician acceptance, market penetration, profitability, and new indication launch uptake. Provides leadership, support, and expertise to regional and country marketing teams.
- Minimum of (8) years Pharmaceutical Business experience
- Demonstrated leadership experience in development of disease state and product strategy, product positioning, and brand marketing. Strong leadership, problem solving, teamwork, analytical, written/verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with collaboration, influencing without authority and working successfully with cross-functional teams.
- 20-25% Travel, including some weekends.
- MBA, PhD,
- Minimum of (4) years Oncology Marketing experience.
- Sales or Global Marketing experience.
- Product/Indication Launch experience.
- Knowledge of GI cancers and with familiarity with scientific leaders in this area.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement