The Director of Global Marketing, Stratgey and Insights for TMD is a leadership position and the primary responsibilities are to:
- Lead Global Beverage Strategy for the division and support BU localization and sell-in
- Lead analytics and recommendations on key strategic growth corridors
- Lead the global research protocol for the Division
- Lead the global initiatives that impact long term strategy
- Lead regional and BU research projects
- Be the sole liaison to Corporate K&I as well as the lead BU K&I staff
- Interface with McDonald's Senior K&I leaders
- Manage a direct report and dotted line reports in The McDonald's Division
- BUSINESS STRATEGY - Position is responsible for supporting and evolving the 3-year Global Beverage Strategy to drive fact-based and achievable results.
- CUSTOMER PROJECTS - Work with Business Units/GMS&I in order to leverage existing research to bring the best to McDonalds. Identify the need for custom marketing research
(e.g., consumer, customer or channel) by working with Business Units/GMS&I and using relevant information (e.g., results of Situation Assessment, ongoing business analyses) in order to address business problem or issue.
- DIVISION K&I LEADER - Utilize understanding of consumer insights and worldwide trends in order to identify key issues and opportunities for profitable customer growth. This includes business planning research (McCafe, balanced portfolio growth), Syndicated and Company research, and customized customer research. Determine appropriate marketing research methodologies and techniques (e.g., quantitative surveys, marketing mix, qualitative, etc.) by leveraging input from research suppliers and internal experts in order to raise likelihood of utilizing optimal research protocols. Position will be responsible for managing ongoing support for our Global Big Bets and translating global insights for actionable local results.
- GLOBAL RESEARCH CONNECTION- Responsible for management and stewardship of our global flagship research protocol, and how they apply to McDonald's. Leverage research tools that facilitate portfolio strategy, brand planning, and consumer insights by helping us understand and quantify the total beverage market. Position is responsible for building relationships with Corporate K&I leadership team, McDonald's Insights Team and be the primary connection to the Company.
- MARKETING PLANNING AND INNOVATION SUPPORT - Position is responsible for the development of the ongoing research plan and to support the innovation initiatives of the Division.
- MARKETING PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT - Position is responsible for Marketing Program development to serve the BU's to support the Global Beverage Strategy.
- Assess attractive consumer opportunities (global or local) that are currently untapped by The Company by leveraging consumer research in order to identify new volume and profit growth areas (e.g., new beverage sub-categories, new packaging opportunities, new merchandise categories, new channels of distribution to sell licensed merchandise).
RELATED JOB REQUIREMENTS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Drive Innovation: Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business (encompassing everything from continuous improvement to new product and package innovation).
- Collaborate with System, Customers, and other Stakeholders: Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler).
- Act like an Owner: Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders.
- Inspire Others: Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible.
- Develop Self and Others: Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential.
Required Experience: Minimum 10+ years of CPG experience
- Deep passion and understanding of Consumer Research methodologies
- Solid analytical and strategic development skills
- Good project and agency management skills
- Ability to influence and align across a complex array of stakeholders
- Customer-relationship background
- KO System knowledge and understanding of the industry dynamics for soft drinks / QSR
- Strong communication and facilitation skills
- Strong business case construction and systemic thinking
- Can drive program execution within a context of constant change and some ambiguity
- Ability to work in a matrix and virtual organization
- Strong business acumen
Bachelor's Degree minimum, Master's degree preferred
Approximately 30%, International and Chicago
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants employees and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education employment history a criminal history check reference checks and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top