Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Director Packaging component will lead a team of Procurement professionals globally and collaborate with senior functional and operational stakeholders to develop and execute global supply strategies for primary and secondary packaging components. The position will support Merck Manufacturing division strategic imperatives and will enable our Manufacturing Division core elements of strategy: stability, responsiveness, building biologics capacity, and foster innovation.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop, lead and manage a team of world class procurement professionals that influences the business
- Develop an end to end transformation strategy mapping out current landscape and developing and implementing short, mid and long term improvement plans.
- Create a delivery plan shared jointly with business
- Interface with lines of business to understand and influence long term strategy considering internal and external manufacturing requirements.
- Engage, obtain sponsorship and influence senior level stakeholders / demonstrate procurement value proposition
- Develop end to end risk management strategies and performance management & improvement strategies
- Focus on innovation and added value creation by developing strategic supplier relationship management in collaboration with the Supplier development group
- Act as change agent, demonstrating added value brought by the procurement function. Be a personal example of the Merck leadership standards.
- Lead complex cross functional global projects and initiatives
- Bring and enhance supplier Market Knowledge and Insight as a source of innovation and value creation for Merck business.
- Manage functional key performance indicators: ensure development and reporting of productivity and PPV in alignment with Finance.
- Negotiate and manage complex relationship with Merck critical suppliers globally
- Actively support diversity, both within Merck as well as including, expanding relationships with diverse suppliers
- Diversity - Actively support diversity, both within Merck as well as expanding relationships and spend with Diverse Suppliers.
- Required: BS/BA degree in engineering / Supply Chain or Business
- Preferred: MBA or CPM /Supply chain certification
- 7 -10 years' experience in manufacturing & packaging / contract manufacturing / purchasing arena
- 3 to 5 years of direct experience in sourcing packaging components
- 3 to 5 years' experience in complex Project Management or contract manufacturing / packaging technology demonstrating the ability to successfully complete large, complex and international projects Demonstrated strong problem solving, negotiation, and conflict
- management skills
- Drive results while dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Able to influence at all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated capabilities in, Strategic Supplier & Relationship Management ,Supplier risk management, cost optimization, Negotiation Skills, Financial/Legal Aspects with Procurement
- Working experience in complex matrix organizations, exposure to international markets
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement