Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 160,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. VP– Global Product Managment, Pelco by Schneider Electric – Fresno, California or Fort Collins, Colorado- Possibility of remote work as well
Pelco by Schneider Electric understands information is critical to success, which is why we are singularly focused on the development of video surveillance and security solutions, providing our customers the information necessary to make real-time, business-enabling decisions. From the recently introduced VideoXpert video management platform to our industry-leading selection of IP cameras and accessories, Pelco is committed to designing and delivering a broad range of high-quality, IP video security products and systems complemented with an unparalleled level of customer support and services. Learn more about Pelco by Schneider Electric at Pelco.com. What do you get to do in this position?
Reporting to the CEO, the VP of Product Management is responsible for the cradle-to-grave vision, process and product portfolio of all product categories. The Senior Director will drive innovation, growth and scope of product roadmaps as well as guide the launch of new products and enhancements to product portfolios to deliver sustainable competitive advantage and increased market share.
Qualifications: This job might be for you if you have:
- Own all aspects of the product, from cradle-to-grave, guiding internal stakeholders and selling external audiences.
- Thoroughly understand customer needs, global competitive market, channel and industry trends, and all its moving pieces to properly align category strategies that will deliver a compelling competitive advantage.
- Ensure that the Pelco product line is recognized as the best solution by distributors, integrators and end users in the industry for value, quality, selection, innovation, features, reliability, and ease of use.
- Effectively lead and direct team to manage assigned global product portfolios through strong motivation, empowerment and direction that fosters a challenging, results-oriented, High-performance culture.
- Manage profitability of respective product lines to targeted levels through identification of visionary new product concepts for anticipated needs in our industry verticals.
- Responsible for the creation, prioritization and execution of global product roadmap.
- Communicate with regional and channel stakeholders to ensure needs of our global customers are accounted for in product launches; including messaging and management of the respective Pelco product lines, defining the specific product mix, product families, and ongoing evaluation of products to be added, enhanced, refined, developed or eliminated.
- Develop annual category business plans that include product strategies, positioning, pricing, and competitive analysis, financial economic models, value propositions, budgets, sales forecasts, etc.
- Manage and direct ongoing market research through direct customer contact and surveys, trade shows and journals, sales evaluations, monitoring competitors and industry trends, and vendor contact. Ensure this knowledge is being shared to enable our sales and relevant teams to exude subject matter expertise.
- Develop strong category and product messaging to clearly position the business unit as a market leader by delivering on a compelling value proposition, ecstatic user experience and driving subject matter expertise.
- Guide, direct and continuously improve the development of support resources, sales collateral, product content and training materials for internal stakeholders, sales teams and customers
- Maintain strong understanding of Pelco financial performance to properly make good business decisions.
- Ensure necessary channels of communication and cross-collaboration (Marketing Communication, Segment Marketing, Sales, R&D, supply chain, customers) take place with pertinent parties so roadmap creation, projects and launches are completed with great efficiencies.
- Ensure that business case and product value propositions are developed for NPI, as well as for any other opportunities that may arise (partner and market opportunities).
- Drive a culture of data driven decision making/improvement. Test, measure and report results.
- Ensure all marketing communication vehicles including, but not limited to, launch kits, videos, pricing, training, PR, merchandising tools, catalogs, sell-in presentations, etc. are in place to enable Pelco to meet its targeted revenue and profit goals.
- Coordinate costing with Purchasing Department and pricing with Sales management. Ensure all product managers periodically review pricing of assigned product line to ensure competitiveness.
- Continuously analyze global inventory levels of product lines and work cross-functionally to implement methods to speed up, slow down or blow out product stock levels.
- Build up our intellectual property through creative and disruptive product development and R&D to further create competitive barriers.
- Leverage and enhance the product offering by identifying potential creative partnerships to further differentiate Pelco from the competition.
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering, Business or related field; MBA preferred
- Minimum 10 years' progressive experience in a technology-oriented business, developing and implementing strategies across multiple product lines and distribution channels.
- Successful track record of growing market share in multiple product segments through diverse channels.
- Experience with the development, marketing and management of technology-oriented products; video surveillance or tangent industry experience preferred
- Well-developed strategic and financial acumen with exceptional analytical skills with proven ability to manage and drive P&L at or in excess of targets.
- An ambitious, entrepreneurial drive - self-starter who is resourceful, and highly creative
- Global mindset with exceptional communication skills and ability to build diverse relationships internally and externally
- The ability to influence and be a thought-partner with other members throughout the organization as well as with senior executive management.
- A practical, "hands-on" approach, with the ability to work in a fast paced and often changing environment.
- Accomplished developer of people, mentoring and nurturing their growth in high performance teams.
- Up for 25% domestic and international travel
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.