We're currently looking for a Director Global Products (DPG). The role will capitalise on your substantial drug development experience, and will see you playing an active role in delivering drug products within AstraZeneca's core therapy area; Immuno-Oncology.
Owning one of our highest profile IOpipeline products you will lead aspects of product strategy development and delivery for a large scale or complex drug development programme. Your ability to act both strategically and delivery orientated is crucial to success.
The Director Global Products (DGP) is a core member of the Global Product Team (GPT), led by the Global Medicines Leader (GML) and contributes to the leadership and development of the project management community within the Oncology Development Unit (Oncology GMed).
As a core therapy area for AstraZeneca, Oncology spans both small molecule and biologics research and development. AstraZeneca is developing a highly regarded comprehensive Oncology portfolio including antibody-drug conjugates and immune-mediated cancer therapies, which aim to harness the power of the patient's own immune system to fight cancer. These innovative therapeutic approaches, and others which we are spearheading, have the potential to revolutionize how cancer is treated.
Accountabilities : Strategic Direction:
- To support through facilitating the development of all aspects of the GPT strategy.
- To lead the identification, collection and organisation of key information (within and outside the GPT) to propose and agree a framework and objectives to drive effective strategy discussion and decision making in the GPT.
- Drives the GPT to deliver on its strategy and adapt when needed.
- Drives strategic decision making at all levels of the organisation
- Lead the GPT preparation for senior leadership/governance body meetings and as delegated, lead governance interactions securing governance approval.
Planning/Monitoring and managing Risk
- Lead cross functional development of delivery options and trade-offs to ensure that the plan is entrepreneurial and ambitious in its delivery of the project strategy and value.
- Ensure promotion and enforcement of project management standards for delivery of best quality cross-functional plans.
- On behalf of the Global Medicines Leader ensure that all necessary risk, mitigation and assurance activities have been put in place to ensure the quality of programme deliverables.
- Ensure effective communication of risks/issues to relevant stakeholders
- Supports the Global Medicines Leader in creating a high performing team environment and as delegated leads cross functional team(s) of global functional senior leaders responsible for setting the strategy and the delivery of the late stage product portfolio
- Acts as the role model for partnering, collaboration and cross functional working
- Where relevant, lead the integration of new deals or partnerships/alliances
E ducation, Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- In-depth knowledge of drug development process
- Significant leadership and project management experience in complex, multi-disciplinary drug development environment
- History of successfully leading and project managing significant cross-functional deliverables (eg. regulatory submission, clinical development program etc)
- Experience of working on or closely with a GPT
- Proven ability to transition between roles effectively and learn rapidly in a new environment
- Evidence of excellent team management skill : communication, collaboration and positive challenging
- Experience of effective working in global and multi-cultural teams
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline
- Proven ability to deliver capability uplift across skills groups and within functions
- Significant line management experience in an R&D function
- Leadership of significant cross-functional change programmes/initiatives
- Functional representative on GPT
- Experience of the AZ externalization deal flow process and delivery with an alliance partner
- Bachelor's of Science or equivalent in an appropriate discipline
AstraZeneca is a global innovation driven biopharmaceutical business and we are investing very heavily in our scientific and clinical capabilities. We discover, develop, manufacture, and market small molecules and biologics for important areas of healthcare, which include some of the world's most serious illnesses: oncology, cardiovascular, infection, autoimmune, respiratory, and inflammation.
We are active in over one hundred countries with a growing presence in emerging markets including China, Brazil, Mexico and Russia. We employ over 50,000 people and invest over $4 billion in R&D each year.
AstraZeneca are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel energised, valued and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.