Johnson & Johnson Consumer Group of Companies is
recruiting for a Global SMART SPEND Center of Excellence Director located in
Skillman or New Brunswick, NJ. This position will be part of the newly-created
Global SMART SPEND COE and report directly to the Vice President Global SMART
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care,
wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and
health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio
includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as
leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
The Global SMART SPEND COE is a “high profile” organization
that has been created to steer the delivery of significant reduction in
SG&A costs as part of J&J Consumer’s efforts globally to improve
overall P&L productivity. A new organization is being put into place to
drive the achievement of the financial commitments and lead the overall change
deployment of this multi-year effort. The incumbent will report directly into
the Vice President Global SMART SPEND who is directed by a Steering Committee
of the Consumer World Wide Chairman, Consumer Head of Human resources, Consumer
Head of Finance, and J&J Head of Enterprise Procurement. This is a high
executive visibility position with global responsibility and significant
financial savings commitment.
The Global SMART SPEND Center of Excellence Director will
have the primary responsibility for the successful implementation of SMART
SPEND, program management responsibilities including implementation roadmap
with clear milestones, work streams, and DRIs to ensure robust deployment
across J&J Consumer globally. He/she will have a team of Managers and
Senior Project Analysts across all regions that he/she will manage to drive
overall delivery of objectives. More specifically,
He/she will act as the delivery lead for all tasks
developed/assigned to the Global SMART CoE – the organization responsible for
global governance of Johnson & Johnson’s Consumer Segment SMART Spend
He/she will also acquire an in depth understanding of SMART
principles and processes to support day-to-day management of the SMART program.
Additionally, he/she will play a central role educating Consumer Business
employees and leadership on SMART Spend principles, implementing SMART
processes, and enabling SMART spending targets to be achieved. He/she and the
reporting team will also directly support all initiatives to enable adoption of
SMART processes globally. The primary responsibilities are:
- Acquiring a detailed understanding of the SMART Program,
and acting as the J&J in-house expert on SMART principles, processes, and
- Formulate and own the creation and execution of the Master
Project plan across all SMART priority initiatives and be
single-point-of-contact for milestone progress and achievement
- Co – create with VP SMART and SMART Regional Business
Leaders the key Regional priorities and strategic initiatives to deliver
on the SMART program
- Assist in the formulation and deployment of the SMART
Change Plan ( Strategy, Stakeholder Management, Communication, Change
- Prepare and define the project scope of work and
- Consolidate, co – ordinate and communicate SMART targets
financial plan, its goals and deliverables
- Coordinate directly and indirectly with stakeholders to ensure
successful completion of the project – directing, supervising, supporting and
coordinating the project team members
- Create and deploy standardized project management documents/tools/templates/dashboards
- Proactive identification, tracking, escalation &
resolution of critical issues to minimize project risks
- Managing SMART Program implementation and executing SMART
processes on a day-to-day basis
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- An MBA degree is preferred.
- Global experience is preferred
- Prior experience with consumer products industry is
- A minimum of 10 years of related work experience in a
relevant function: marketing, sales, finance, supply chain, portfolio
management, strategic planning, is required.
- Prior people management experiences are required
- The incumbent must have the business maturity to deal with
and influence a large stakeholder group.
- Knowledge of overall value chain process with in depth
experience in one or more of the following is required: Project
Management, Business Integration.
- Marketplace knowledge should include consumer, customer,
and franchise/brands/products is preferred
- Previous experience in strategic planning, project
planning, team/resource management, process design and implementation,
negotiations, and process integration is preferred
- This individual must have a strong process mindset, strong
analytical, program and change management skills to provide solid business and
process-focused conclusions and recommendations.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and ability to facilitate a
start-up function is preferred along with the ability to lead new area “white
- This candidate should be a driven leader with excellent
communication skills, and organizational skills while possessing the ability to
influence and constructively challenge cross-functional project teams and
business partners to achieve project goals.
- The candidate must have a proven track record of meeting
the program objectives by successfully managing, tracking and implementing
successful strategies in regards to scope, quality, time and cost.
- It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience
with Six Sigma/Process Excellence Methodologies, Tools, Training and/or Certification.
- Project Management Training and/or Project Management
Professional (PMP) Certified experience is preferred.
- This position may require up to 10% travel domestically
and internationally and is located in Skillman, NJ or New Brunswick, NJ.
United States-New Jersey-SkillmanOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.