Job Description: Director Global Supplier Quality Main responsibility
Provides leadership necessary to develop, maintain, and improve the suppliers' quality and be responsible for establishing performance metrics, policies, and procedures in administering quality relationships with suppliers globally. This position will also have the responsibility to prioritize schedules of supplier audits and potential suppliers in the new supplier approval process for the internal audits team as well as oversight for corrective actions from the suppliers. This position is a Key member of Quality Global Team and provides leadership in determining strategies and priorities for Quality, and will be part of the extended Procurement leadership team supporting development of existing and new suppliers to support Procurement strategies. PRINCIPLE DUTIES
Job Qualifications: REQUIREMENTS:
- Develop and deploy world-class Quality and functional organization within PS globally
- Actively participate in the development of a PS Quality strategy and responsible to execute and deploy within its function, delivering measurable value for the business by generating process improvements, assuring sustained process control, building customer and client satisfaction, and improving profitability
- Be part of Procurement Extended Leadership team and support development of existing and new suppliers
- Responsible for promoting and deploying Quality best practices within the Aftermarket organization
- Develop leadership role with the suppliers and customer to foster excellent relations and to assure that all their expectations are met or exceeded
- Builds and promotes a quality oriented culture for the organization, through establishing, monitoring and maintaining a quality infrastructure, communications and training.
- Lead and manage the Supplier Qualification process related to Quality Systems compliance.
- Ensure that materials received at the plant meet the agreed upon quality requirements.
- Lead a collaborative environment and work with other functions to improve the suppliers' quality.
- Lead a process to investigate suggestions, ideas, and concepts for improving Company efficiencies.
- Set up an escalation process to facilitate resolution of quality issues.
- Ensure locations maintain compliance with external quality system requirements as they apply to the Company, its products, and operations.
- Report quality data to Management and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective supplier audit system to assure compliance with appropriate quality and ISO/TS requirements.
- Set up a process to ensure an effective PPAP process in suppliers.
- Manage, and direct vendor audits. Develop, maintain, and improve internal quality audit checklists.
- Represent and support the Supplier Quality Assurance Department as needed in Customer and Supplier meetings.
- Develop and implement supplier performance tracking system (i.e., scorecard) and actions for continuous improvement.
- Mentor and develop direct and indirect staff and provide consistent, actionable feedback.
- Actively and continuously foster a culture that places top priority on product safety, product quality and supplier performance.
- Drive the implementation of new internal programs, policies, and procedures.
- Develop and implement continuous improvement projects with suppliers.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and developments.
- Establish and attain Quality performance goals and improvement objectives for the company.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements, regulatory agency, government regulations, contract specifications, and company policies/procedures.
- Provide support and leadership for supplier development initiatives.
- BA/BS Degree in Engineering or other related technical field required, Master's degree desirable
- Minimum 12 years combined experience required in Quality Assurance and Supplier Management positions with at least 5 years in a senior manager/director role.
- Proficiency in statistical process analysis, process improvement tools such as Design of Experiment, and Six Sigma is highly desired.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma tools (Black Belt preferred)
- Demonstrated success in a Matrix reporting organization.
- Intimate knowledge of ISO and TS required.
- Experience in supplier quality to OE manufacturers
- Must demonstrate strategic understanding of effective supplier management systems
- Strong background with Root Cause Analysis, investigation and corrective action implementation.
- Proven track record in people management (developing, coaching, mentoring, directing) and budget management both with direct and indirect reports.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) with an ability to effectively communicate Quality Assurance objectives across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel 30-40% both domestic and internationally
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.