Director, Global Treasury (Job Number: 020281)
Corporate Office - 108 Wilmot Rd
108 Wilmot Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Responsible for Corporate Treasury daily liquidity management including product mix and policy review.
- Works with Group stakeholders, and acts as the treasury advisor, on projects to ensure efficiency of internal capital structure within the US corporate entity structure.
- Acts as the primary point of contact with banking and other financial partners on liquidity products and on equity repurchase schemes.
- Proposes policy and executes against it in respect of global interest rate risk management.
- Supports the Corporate Tax Team on relevant projects.
- Develops a framework to assess global interest rate risk on the Group's exposures through its debt, lease, cash and pension exposures; proposes strategies to appropriately manage these risks and executes against any approved strategy. Develops quarterly reporting for Treasury and Executive management.
- Works with the Global Treasury Operations and Systems team to ensure that forecasts are understood and challenged and that global liquidity is managed tightly.
- Serves as the primary point of execution on equity repurchase programs; presents repurchase strategy proposals to the Vice President, Treasury Front Office and to the Global Treasurer.
- Maintains relationships with banking partners in relevant product areas including FX , investments and CP issuance programs; reviews appropriateness of policy parameters, introduces formal benchmarking metrics and performance reviews.
- Responsible for developing global risk reporting, supported by the Senior Manager, Treasury Front Office.
- Works with the Corporate Tax team on the implementation of consistent processes to ensure that hedging transactions are correctly and promptly classified.
- Works with the Integration Team to ensure that Rite Aid exposures are appropriately dealt with in the enlarged Group.
- Responsible for the efficient execution of the daily cash position including investment of surplus cash and issuance of Commercial Paper.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 8 years of experience working in the finance function(s) of a large multinational company OR High School Diploma and at least 11 years of experience in an analytical role in finance function(s) of a large multinational company.
- At least 7 years of experience in a treasury dealing or front office role.
- Experience in financial markets, applicable financial regulation and corporate treasury developments.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to various audience levels within an organization.
- Executive presence, ability to influence and intereact at senior levels of the organization.
- At least 4 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 4 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 20% of the time for business purposes (in country and internationally).
- Master's Degree/MBA
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience of working in a change environment
- Business language skills in a relevant group language
- Certification in financial/treasury management as granted by the CFA Institute (CFA), the Association of Corporate Treasurers (AMCT) or equivalent.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.