- Provide advice to business & technology users on (1) understanding of relevant Technology Risk policies and standards and (2) principles of security & controls as defined by Splunk's Technology Risk and Control Framework, and (3) adoption of secure and resilient solutions
- Maintain a thorough understanding of global, regional and local regulatory requirements that have a technology impact, in order to conduct internal self-assessments and gap analyses to ensure compliance
- Work on business initiatives to ensure regulatory requirements are appropriately understood, communicated, and mitigated where necessary
- Perform risk assessments to identify gaps in compliance to information security (application and infrastructure) & BCP standards and policies, for both internal technology solutions as well as solutions provided by third-party service providers, ensuring critical and high priority issues are identified and resolved
- Participate in global, regional and local Technology Risk initiatives aimed at improving our baseline on information protection, resiliency and controls of technology processes and services
- Provide clear and concise verbal and written recommendations and guidance to both business and technology staff on matters of Technology Risk Management
- Promote and assist in the training & awareness of information security
- Contribute to ongoing support and other operational activities
- Able to communicate across vertical, horizontal, and corporate lines creating and improving positive working relationships
- Calm under fire
- Creative problem solving
- Envisions comprehensive solutions instead of addressing checkboxes
- Able to evaluate risk from a big picture perspective
- Balances consistency with differences in functional needs
- Understands Risk Likelihood Impact and Confidentiality Integrity Availability Accountability
- Understands how GRA impacts revenue, customer confidence
- 10 or more years of technology experience in one or more of the following areas: Information Security, Technology Governance, Operational Risk, Technology Audit, Technology Infrastructure or Application Development.
- Direct experience in Information Security, Technology Controls or Technology Risk Management fields.
- Strong understanding of the technology implications of regulations
- An understanding of the regulatory environment as it relates to business continuity and or technology control requirements
- Understanding of the technology implications of additional global and regional regulations is also beneficial.
- Familiar with Risk Analysis and Risk Management methodologies
- Good program and project management skills and technology expertise
- Ability to work effectively as part of the regional and global Technology Risk team, serving a large diverse Technology community
- Infrastructure security knowledge in Windows Server, Desktop OS and applications, Unix Linux OS, Storage, Networking hardware and protocols, Market Data, Databases and Exchange Connectivity, Remote Access, Firewall and IDS IPS technology, Voice and Audio Visual platforms, and experience in configuration and vulnerability management an advantage
- Understanding of the business functions and the Technology role in a product and cloud provider environment a significant advantage
- Strong analytical & communication skills
- Ability to manage both time and workload of multiple tasks without constant supervision as part of a distributed team
- Demonstrated consistent ability to lead cross-functional teams that deliver solutions while mitigating or removing hurdles obstacles
Education: Got it!
- BS BA, MS MA degree or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.