- Strengthen the global external advocacy efforts of the PEC with regard to PepsiCo's public policy issues by consistently providing high-quality briefings for PEC meetings relating to these issues.
- Strengthen the global internal business leadership efforts of the PEC, Office of the General Counsel, and PPGA with regard to PepsiCo's public policy issues by consistently providing high-quality memoranda and other informative documents explaining these issues and related developments.
- Drive the project management and execution of special PPGA special projects.
- Advance PEP priorities relating to corporate taxation by deepening PEP relationships with U.S. congressional officials who have jurisdiction over corporate tax issues and related stakeholders.
- Oversee PEP senior exec's compliance with international lobby laws in jurisdictions where IKN and PEC members are engaging with foreign officials. This project has global scope (laws in dozens of countries) and involves managing outside counsel.
- Responsible for creation of briefings and other written work product (for example, PPGA Bi-Weekly Update) delivered to the PEC, CEO, and BOD.
- Overseeing the submission of information from global PPGA colleagues to ensure work product delivered to PEC is appropriately informative, understandable, and aligned with broader business initiatives.
- Significant drafting and editing of strategy proposals, memorandums, and other analysis to help ensure clarity and conciseness, along with incorporating the strategic business agenda for PPGA.
- Prepare analysis for EVP & General Counsel along with provide feedback on a range of policy topics in preparation for PEC or BOD meetings. These requests typically require global input and coordination among multiple sources.
- Tracking ongoing global public policy issues that require significant analysis and synthesis of technical data will be on a range of policy issues, including but not limited to beverage taxation, labeling , and A&M restrictions.
- Utilize knowledge of public policy and government affairs business to proactively identify critical areas of focus for the team.
- Deepen PEP relationships with relevant U.S. congressional offices by meeting and staying engaged with staff.
- Coordinate with PPGA's VP for U.S. Federal Affairs and PEP's Tax Team (Tax SVP; Tax SVP, Planning Counsel; Tax Senior Director, Legislation & Planning) to monitor corporate tax issues relevant to PEP and carry out strategic advocacy efforts.
- Facilitate PEC and Tax Team engagement on the topic of corporate taxation. Coordinate with Tax Team to develop briefings for PEC meetings with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the development of strategies to mitigate identified public policy threats to the business, a priority is beverage taxation.
- Help develop locally-appropriate public affairs strategies, programs or tools in response to emerging issues and/or global corporate business needs.Responsible for understanding and articulate global tax threats/ status and PEP's position in each market
- Bachelor's degree in related field, Master's preferred
- 7+ years of experience in Public Sector, Government affairs, or Public Policy
- Ability to manage outside legal counsel
- Strong knowledge of global public policy issues, trends, and business challenges
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with government officials
- Ability to communicate with, and influence Senior PepsiCo executives
- Critical attention to detail
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to translate public policy matters into internal business issues
- Advanced ability to communicate both written and verbally to an executive audience
- Ability to drive cross functional work through other areas of the business (Legal, Tax, etc)
- Seasoned executive level presentation skills: PPT, narrative writing, briefing papers, and memos.
- Ability to translate government issues into strategic business priorities, along with make recommendations to address the issues
- Ability to receive information from multiple sources, prepare distilled analysis, and make recommendations for senior executives.
- Have practical experience on a range of policy / regulatory issues and experience understanding how to incorporate those risks into strategic planning.
- Ability to understand the big picture of public policy and how specific risks and issues affect the whole.
- Broad understanding of "how the system works" is critical to be able to provide actual policy insight versus merely capturing what is already on paper.
- Ability to translate data analytics into narrative to bolster recommended policy position. This requires experience with financial analysis and business impact as well as significant policy analysis capability.
Eligible for Limited Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.