American Express Global Business Travel (GBT), a joint venture between American Express and Certares, is a global leader in business travel and meetings management committed to helping business succeed through cost-effective program management, world-class customer service, and enhanced traveller productivity support worldwide.
This role sits within the Global Supplier Relations (GSR) Team that manages relationships with core suppliers across airlines, hotels and car rental. The Director of Strategic Planning will report directly to the EVP who leads the supplier relations organization, and be a part of the supplier relations leadership team.
The ideal candidate would have a strong balance of analytical skills, financial acumen, business knowledge in the TMC/Air/Hotel space, and have a proven track record of leadership across large organizations.Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with senior leaders in the supplier organization to develop and implement tactical and strategic strategies to improve revenue from suppliers and improve value delivered to customers
- Liaise with finance to develop financial plans to align with strategic direction of the business
- Work with senior leaders across GBT to develop and implement initiatives to drive results
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior leadership of GBT, including executives and the board of directors
- Perform ad-hoc analysis / projects to support pressing issues
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work with a strong career path demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Background in finance/analytical field strongly desired
- Industry experience with Air/Hotel/TMC space strongly desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong project management skills
- Experience driving change with senior leadership
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .