Director, Haematology Franchise, Gaithersburg, MD
we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
The GA&I mission is to improve the quality of the decisions taken on our assets and across our Disease Areas through the provision of excellent market, customer and competitor analytics. This role is based in our Oncology team and will lead the generation of insight and analytics for a single late stage brand or a collection of earlier stage assets. We are looking for a critical thinker, capable of delivering well researched, verified and relevant analysis in a clear and impactful way to senior leadership. Key responsibilities are:
Candidates need to posses:
- Oversight of the Strategic Commercial Analysis programme to shape the development of our growing Haematology Franchise, including both Acalabrutinib and the alliance with Celgene to develop Imfinzi in haem malignancies. This will include provision of strategy shaping market and customer analysis, a nalysis of in market performance for one of our key brands, revenue forecasts and asset valuations to support portfolio investment decisions and resource planning.
- Line management responsibility for one Associate Director.
- strong analytical skills
- well developed communication skills
- the ability to formulate cohesive strategic arguments
- credibility to respectfully challenge a group of experts
Key to excelling in this role is the ability to turn analysis into a clear story and recommendation suitable for use with senior leaders. Ideal candidates will have one or more of the following:
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- post-doctorate experience (ideally in a Science or Math based discipline)
- a relevant role in a large advisory firm
- a background in Pharmaceutical investment banking analysis
- Must be resourceful, motivated, decisive and proactive and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-growing organization
- Must be confident working with incomplete data
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law
A little about us:
At AstraZeneca, we believe the best way we can help patients is to focus on breakthrough science in order to uncover disease mechanisms and develop novel, targeted therapies that interact with them. This is at the heart of our purpose as a company: to push the boundaries of science to deliver life-changing medicines.