Janssen Research & Development, LLC ., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Director, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/
for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director will be Head of Small Molecule (SM) Protein Science, consisting of 17 scientists at the Spring House and Beerse research sites. The group provides proteins and protein structural data to small molecule drug discovery projects for all five therapeutic areas, working closely with partners in Lead Discovery. SM Protein Science is made up of two subgroups, which are Structural Biology and Protein Sciences. The Structural Biology subgroup is located in SH, and has in-house protein crystallization labs and experts for solving protein structures from crystallographic data. The Protein Sciences group is located in SH and BE, and expresses and purifies proteins for TA target teams.
The Head will ensure that the group works globally, and builds strong working relationship with TA team leaders. Responsibilities also include:
- Lead the Protein Sciences subgroup - Ensure delivery of proteins of the highest quality and on time to TA teams and Lead Discovery; Set and implement protein quality standards; Directly manage both in-house and CRO protein scientists to flexibly meet changing needs.
- Provide leadership to the Structural Sciences subgroup - Ensure that protein structural and NMR data and expertise are provided in a timely manner consistent with TA team goals and objectives.
- Build and guide the global SM Protein Science group. Recruit, mentor, and develop outstanding scientists to create a culture of scientific excellence and innovation that is well aligned with TA partners.
- Build strong working relationships with leaders in all five therapeutic areas and Lead Discovery. Articulate the objectives and operating model of the group, and shape the SM Protein Science to best meet TA and LD objectives.
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the organization as a member of the Lead Discovery Extended Leadership Team.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)Job Function