Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services.
The company's global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries.
Baxter's employees worldwide are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.Position Overview
The Director, Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR), is responsible for developing strategy and tactics around demonstrating a product's economic and humanistic value and developing deliverables that communicate this value to the complete range of external stakeholders, including patients, physicians, and payers. The HEOR director will partner with Market Access and Reimbursement and Policy teams across GBUs and regions. The Director applies his/her clinical and technical skills to conduct appropriate economic and quality of life analyses. The Director leads the HEOR team and builds capabilities within the function. They also are lead for global aligning regional work.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create HEOR strategy within Team and across GBUs with help with those assigned to specific GBUs.
- Lead, develop and build team and their HEOR capabilities.
- Be point person for region/country from a global perspective across GBUs.
- Manage budgets associated with HEOR projects.
- Design and implement outcomes studies that establish the economic and humanistic value of Baxter products.
- Assess and integrate economic and patient-reported outcomes into clinical trials.
- Assess the psychometric properties of a quality of life instrument through FDA patient-reported outcomes guidance for labeling claims.
- Develop economic models including, but not limited to, budget impact and cost effectiveness models.
- Develop economic dossiers and other reimbursement-supportive materials.
- Collaborate with the statistician on the statistical analysis of outcomes data using clinical trial and administrative databases.
- Conduct outcomes research to a level such that results are suitable for presentation at scientific meetings and/or publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Communicate economic and quality of life value messages to internal and external stakeholders through presentation of outcomes research at medical meetings and through one-on-one interaction.
Education and Experience:
- Proven expertise in designing, conducting, and interpreting outcomes research studies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and work with clinicians and marketers
- Working knowledge of reimbursement processes for devices and drugs in major international markets
- Exceptional project management skills
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience developing HEOR -specific strategies
- Master's degree or PhD in health economics, pharmacy administration, epidemiology, public health, or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of experience in health outcomes research with Master's degree; 8 years of experience with PhD
#LI-CV1Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.