Director, Hotel Consulting Projects Oracle Hospitality LOCATION: Must be LOCAL or willing to RELOCATE to COLUMBIA, MD
Don't miss this opportunity to join the company widely recognized as THE leading provider
of hospitality, food & beverage and hotel property management systems worldwide. Oracle Hospitality (formerly MICROS) offices and products span the globe with over 330,000 systems installed in over 130 countries
. Our customers are well known and respected global brands that rely on Oracle Hospitality for their technology needs. We are a smart, progressive, energetic, and rapidly growing business. This is your opportunity to join the Oracle Hospitality family and enjoy a fast paced, exciting career with us.
Oracle Hospitality is currently seeking industry top talent to help support our business in delivering best of breed consulting services
for on-Premises solution and cloud based hosted solutions.
As the leader of the Hotel Consulting Projects, you will be responsible for leading and continue to build a high performing team focused on delivering our consulting services for our customer base for North America.
Don't worry if you do not have experience in Hospitality, Food & Beverage or with Oracle Hospitality software. As the industry leader, we can teach you that. What we are looking for is industry top talent
who has experience building and leading Enterprise class managed services organizations. We seek individuals with high energy and a passion to learn new technologies while delivering excellent customer service. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership to the consulting team delivering best of breed services to our customers
Partner with Oracle Hospitality Sales to ensure time to market, quality and customer satisfaction remain consistently excellent
- Ensure successful transition from sales to consulting and ultimately delivery of product and services
- Develop close relationships with regional counter-parts and collaborative on best practices that span globally.
Lead design sessions for custom private cloud environments adhering to Oracle standards while meeting customer requirements in a cost effective way
- Define and implement strategic goals for the consulting organization that will ensure time consistency, readiness and quality of delivery
- Drive the implementation of new customer environments, maximizing margin through continuous improvement in team performance
- Enhance team performance by championing ideas that will streamline our processes
- Participate in regular account reviews and road-mapping/planning sessions with our top customers
- Develop and mentor junior staff
- Create and contribute to an environment that is geared to innovation, high productivity, high quality and customer service
- Bachelor's degree in a Business Management or Hospitality related field
- 10 years related experience in Hotel, Restaurant and or Consulting Services
- Must possess proven track record of operational success in a series of roles with growing responsibilities including leading large teams of service oriented
- Must possess strong results orientation and a demonstrated ability to deliver against his/her strategy within challenging timeframes.
- Must be an strong communicator and comfortable in presenting both in public and online to business and executives
- Must have a broad, strong financial understanding of budgetary goals
- Strong experience in participating in or building/managing world class teams that span the globe
- Must have a desire to mentor others
- Ability to succeed through collaboration and working through other internal and external organizations and individuals (a track record of delivering results within a matrix business environment)
- Strong leadership capabilities and strong intrapersonal skills required
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust to changing priorities while maintaining a positive, can-do attitude
- Sets high standards with respect to the treatment of customers and peers
Responsible for supervising a team of Implementation Consultants and/or Consulting Implementation Managers, ensuring quality work at customer sites. Has a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices, multiple business processes or industry technology products. Monitors Implementation Consultants and/or Consulting Implementation Managers' performance on projects. Serves as project advisor for complex engagements.
Performs varied and complex duties and tasks that need independent judgment in order to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer needs. Effectively consults with management of customer organizations. Typically leads managers for a territory/region. Participates as a team member in strategic and tactical planning for the division. Develops and executes strategic regional plans with guidance from the Sr. Director. Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff. Participates in the recruiting process and provides hiring recommendations to senior management. Demonstrates multiple business processes expertise within one product family. Ensures that operational policies are followed and that business objectives are achieved by focusing on best practices and process improvements.
Four year degree preferred and 8 years of experience relevant to this position. Working knowledge of Implementation Consultant role. Product or technical expertise relevant to area of focus. Effective written and verbal communication skills as well as strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict resolution ability. Ability to relate to customers and understand their needs and ability to build rapport with team members. Ability to travel as needed.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.