Since 1918, it has been TIAA’s mission to serve, our ability to perform and the values we embrace that make us a different kind of financial services organization. We’re dedicated to serving the financial needs of those in the academic, medical, cultural, governmental and research fields, and committed to helping make lifetime financial well-being possible for them.
By building a culture that allows all employees to contribute their unique talents and skills, we’re able to provide our customers with fresh ideas and distinct perspectives to help them achieve their goals. We believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is one of our greatest strengths and a key measure of our success*.
For more information about TIAA, visit our website.
- The Director, HR Business Partner, provides HR consulting and problem-solving solutions to business leaders and operates as a trusted partner to the business’ leadership teams. This function provides day to day HR Generalist oversight while serving to improve the efficiency, productivity and strategic capabilities of HR that deliver business focused solutions in support of the organization’s goals.
- The Director, HRBP will directly support IAS’ TC Life, Advisory Solutions, Productivity and Development as well as the Product and Portfolio Solutions businesses. These teams are geographically dispersed and require support at both a regional and national level.
- This position reports directly to the Sr. Director, IAS and will be a member of IAS’ extended leadership team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Applies strong communication skills (editing, written and verbal), knowledge and expertise to improve processes and influence sound conclusions and actions
- Leverages existing HR best practices and evaluates processes to make recommendations for efficiencies and improvement.
- Provides operational support for standing HR routines including but, not limited to quarterly performance management reviews and the year-end calibration and compensation process for assigned client group.
- Will be asked to project manage an IAS key HR initiative and/or process and/or take the lead on at least one cyclical key people process in support of the IAS business as a whole.
- Understands of the differences between strategic, tactical, business development, planning and the importance of each.
- Organizational design, redesign, structuring and development experience is needed.
- Leads implementation of human capital strategy to successfully execute business priorities and goals. Acts as the HR quarterback while leveraging and consulting with appropriate COE’s for support as needed.
- Anticipates future HR resource requirements of client based on business, industry and market conditions.
- Evaluates the results of HR initiatives that impact client operations and results.
- Understands the importance of strategic talent management including competency development, assessment, talent acquisition, leadership development and succession planning.
- Ensures all relevant and required processes and procedures are followed; ensures the presence of standards and procedures to support operational needs while ensuring compliance of licensed, registered reps in a heavily regulated environment.
- Identifies and researches new approaches, strategies and processes to address business needs; provides input and recommendations directly to senior management.
- Must be able to collaborate across HR and other functions. Is a team player and positive net promoter of forward thinking on the team.
- Understands the importance of identifying key stakeholders and working across business channels to resolve issues or implement new processes.
- Leads in the development and planning of organizational change/transformation, e.g., leading identification/framing of problems, creation of trusting relationships, action plan fulfillment, etc.
- Partners with business in development of departmental business plans and supports successful, efficient implementation of these plans
- Minimum of 8 years general management experience in human resources with exposure and a proven track record of success across the following disciplines: employee relations, compensation, talent acquisition, talent management, training and development, etc.
- Demonstrated ability influencing the business strategy and shaping HR strategic direction
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking in supporting the business and achieving client-focused goals
- Must have Organizational design, redesign, structuring and development experience.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Approximately 5-10% travel required based on business needs and key people process cycles
- Strongly prefer individual to have HR Generalist experience.
- Proven ability to create successful internal partnerships to support business initiatives
- Previous experience working within Financial services supporting sales environments a plus.
- Strong analytic mindset with the ability to learn quickly
- Proven organizational and prioritization skills to meet the demands of a matrix organization
- Must have process and project experience, including the ability to execute flawlessly and meet all deadlines
- Ability to remain self-motivated and engaged to meet the demands of the business
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it’s our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law.
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
*©2016 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America (TIAA), 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017 C23921
A little about us: