Provides leadership and direction through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area. Key Responsibilities
- Proactively shape HR BU/Function strategies and priorities to align to BU strategy and changing needs. Help shape the appropriate culture. Diagnose and provide appropriate interventions to optimize business/function performance to execute against strategy goals
- Conduct organizational & talent assessments; develop talent strategy and pipeline to staff and build workforce capability. (e.g., selection, assessment, development, succession)
- Design and implement change management, communication and engagement strategies within the BU/Function
- Actively partner, coach & develop executive leadership. Actively and effectively manage, coach, develop & influence HR employees, both direct and indirect reports.
- Actively partner, coach & develop and influence executive leadership Highly Complex-Most significant complexity and impact, highest risk environment. Large Scope-Generally supporting multiple products/services and/or functions
- Leverage tools and systems e.g.; Workforce Dashboard, Workday to perform analytics in support of business strategy
- As required, lead M,A&D diligence and integration(s) from the HR perspective. Partner with M,A&D core team and regional HR on projects, programs, processes and initiatives to integrate the acquisition with the BU/Function
- Provide a leadership role on at least one enterprise-wide initiative annually.
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of different systems, theories and practices
- Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
- Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
- Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
- Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Master's Degree
- 10 - 15 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.