The HR Director will act as a business partner to the Fuel and Motion Controls Division’s global leadership team. This leader will provide strategic guidance, assistance and support in maintaining a cohesive and productive workforce which will be inclusive of 10 sites both domestically and internationally located.
Primary functions include human resource planning, recruitment and selection, talent management, labor relations, training, career planning, wage and salary administration, performance management and change management.
- Direct the formulation and implementation of HR programs, policies and practices in accordance with the division’s business objectives.
- Provide leadership to the organizational development and training of employees to ensure effective skills development to meet strategic goals. Lead and facilitate the succession planning process.
- Manage and further develop the employee compensation/reward and recognition programs in terms of pay-for-performance strategies tied to division’s performance objectives.
- Direct the recruitment, selection and placement of employees in a timely and cost-effective manner with an emphasis of promoting a diverse workforce.
- Recruit, evaluate and develop high quality HR professionals & managers to meet the strategic needs of the business.
- Lead and manage the performance management system.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of current human resource trends and legal requirements for all countries where the division has a presence. Manage expatriate assignments by selecting and developing top talent that builds bench strength for Eaton.
- Provide leadership and support to the division’s leadership team during assessments of prospective acquisitions, divestitures and organizational restructurings.
- Lead the division’s transformation to a high performance culture in support of the division’s quality and growth objectives. Lead development of cultural change section of division’s strategic plan.
- Facilitate the promotion and implementation of the Eaton Philosophy, Values and Global Ethics across the division.
- Upgrade and develop talent in positions key to successfully achieving the Division’s strategies (e.g., engineering, project management, operations)
- Facilitate and support the promotion / implementation of Eaton EHS processes/programs within divisional manufacturing & administration facilities.
- Develop progressive employee relations practices to enhance productivity, quality and growth objectives for the division.
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations Management, or related field from an accredited university.
Minimum of 8 years of human resources managerial experience.
Previous human resources experience in a manufacturing environment.
Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
A little about us:
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions. We make power operate more efficiently, effectively, safely & sustainably.