At AstraZeneca/MedImmune we have created and strategically acquired one of the most comprehensive and broad Immuno-Oncology pipelines in the industry today. Along with our superior pipeline, we are also strategically partnering/collaborating with a host of biotech companies to leverage new, disruptive technologies. Bolstering our short and long term success is a major part of the bright future we are creating to save or improve the lives of people with a variety of cancers.
To realize our vision to become the top Immuno-Oncology Company, we have added to our world class leadership team some of the best and brightest Oncology R&D and Commercial leaders globally. The Vice President of IO Franchise Global Marketing is currently building out a top flight Commercial Team that will be responsible for insuring that the decisions that we make with our pipeline assets best position us for maximum ROI and positive impact on the lives of patients. In line with our vision to become a leader in Immuno-Oncology across multiple tumor types, this role is responsible for delivering on the launch of some of the early indications we are pursuing in IO both internally and in collaboration with external partners. Major Responsibilities:
The Director of IO Global Marketing, Women's Cancer, will be responsible for the development and implementation of a strategic and operational plan that delivers a world class launch for our IO assets with a focus on upcoming registrational opportunities across our women's cancer franchise.
Knowledge, Experience & Training Required:
- Accountable for leadership and development of go to market launch strategy
- Develops and implements global activities for pre-launch & up to 3 years post launch including disease awareness, launch preparation plans, P&MA input and with medical affairs, global KOLs mapping and engagement.
- Develops, evaluates and evolves the global brand strategy and brand positioning
- Leads commercial representative on IO GPT - delivers commercial input into GPT plans and development direction
- Accountable for all operational implementation of designated programs
- Engages with regions and key markets to ensure launch readiness / commercial excellence
- Develops and owns global commercial forecast and high-level P&L
- Proposes plans for global brand performance
- Ability to travel globally 25-30%
- Technical and / or business degree in a relevant discipline; Advanced degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of the development process and necessary commercial touch points
- Understanding of general business and core marketing principles and application to future healthcare market challenges
- Oncology market and customer knowledge preferred
- Broad commercial experience including pre-launch and launch; oncology marketing experience preferred
- Global or inline brand marketing experience, with preference toward global market experience or ex-US brand market level experience
- Exposure to and track record of effective management of decision-making bodies and governance
- Strong strategic thinking, judgment and influencing skills, to influence and lead across local markets to ensure strong executional commercial focus
- Strong leadership attributes to set direction, generate commitment, balance short and long term needs, constructively resolve issues
- Effective cross- functional project team leadership and influencing skills
- Effective interactions with internal & external customers and stakeholders to drive success
Next Steps -- Apply today!
- Sufficient understanding of technical risks and the implications for the commercial aspects to future brands
- Strong understanding of key marketing skill sets
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience -- it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
MedImmune is the global biologics research and development arm of AstraZeneca