Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Director Industrial Microbiology, located in Raritan, NJ.
Our Story is this….Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people, ultimately touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We flourish based on a diverse company culture, and celebrate the uniqueness of our employees and a serious commitment to inclusion. J&J is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• Establishes Enterprise-wide technical standards and guidance documents and standardizes microbiological methods to support the Sterility Assurance function across J&J (e.g., Bacterial Endotoxin Testing, Bioburden, Tests of/for Sterility, Objectionable Microorganisms, re-Processing Validation), and sponsors training programs to implement technical standards and guidance documents
• Oversees and co-leads the Global Microbiology Council with sector representatives, responsible to develop annual goals & objectives for the Global Microbiology Council to relate to the annual JJSA Goals & Objectives & coordinate tracking against plan
• Standardizes and oversees training programs for Industrial Microbiologists and Laboratory Management, sponsors the microbiology certification program and other certification and continuing education programs in collaboration with other operational and R&D laboratories
• Maintains a registry of J&J Microbiologists (expertise, training, role and responsibilities, etc.)
• Leads and directs technical R&D and compliance related activities in the area of Industrial Microbiology to support the technical needs for Enterprise wide initiatives, as well as those identified for MD&D, Pharma and/or Consumer products
• Leads and manages microbiology R&D staff, and implements training and development initiatives to optimize staff skills
• Provides support and direction to the microbiology services provided within Sterilization Assurance
• Sponsors/leads applied research and developmental initiatives that benefit the Microbiology Community and increase overall level of compliance
• Partners with procurement and sectors to identify strategies related to contract labs (selection, approval, oversight, metrics, etc.)
• Connect with peers across the enterprise to ensure consistent application and use of microbiological techniques
• Member of the JJSA Leadership Team to support initiatives and participate in the development of the annual Goals and Objectives
• Assessments of internal and/or external sites as needed
• Leads complex design evaluations, risk analyses and problem resolutionQualifications
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Microbiology, Biology, or related discipline is required; an advanced degree is desirable
• A minimum of 12 years of experience in microbiological controls for either manufacturing operations or laboratory operations is required
• Previous Operating Company or laboratory management experience at multiple sites is required.
• Must be recognized as an industry or subject matter expert (SME) in the area of Microbiology testing (e.g., have authored peer reviewed publications and/or exhibit high level skills to support a wide range of microbiological tests)
• Competency in using computer software such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint, and analytical software is required
This position may require approximately 25% domestic/international travel.
The work environment is primarily in an office, and may require periodic interactions with Ethylene Oxide and Radiation sterilization. The individual must be able to comply with established safety procedures and policies to maintain a safe working environment to ensure compliance with J&J environmental policies.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-New Jersey-RaritanOrganization
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)Job Function