Job Location: United States : New York : New York
Integrated Marketing is one of five teams located at the global center within Global Brand & Marketing (GBM) at MetLife. This lean, senior and energized team is responsible for building creativity into how the company operates and supporting the MetLife global marketing community on its journey to world class integrated marketing. Integrated marketing is a critical approach for any marketing organization, but one that is often underutilized. To be successful, marketing communications need to be strategically and executionally aligned in a way that goes beyond “matching luggage” but creates impact in the marketplace by using the right message for the right media at the right time. Doing so requires both creativity and planning discipline.
The Director of Integrated / Partnership Marketing is an experienced marketer and will be responsible for leveraging global marketing partnership platforms into meaningful results for the MetLife brand.
To do so requires the Director of Integrated / Partnership Marketing to:
- Be both creative and results-oriented.
- Develop a deep and insightful understanding of MetLife’s business goals, internal organization, customers, brand positioning/consumer proposition, marketing objectives and associated metrics for the purpose of assessing the potential application of experiential marketing and consumer promotion solutions.
- Bring a keen understanding of experiential marketing as a discipline, including an experienced track record in:
- evaluating new partnership and branded-content opportunities globally
- executing all tactical aspects of an event or partnership program, including but not limited to: vendor management, negotiating contract terms (with appropriate counsel from MetLife officers and the Law Dept.), logistical trouble-shooting, and problem resolution.
- developing strategically-sound consumer engagement programs and promotions, such as sweepstakes, contests and hospitality events
- deliver meaningful business ROI from MetLife’s various partnerships
This position will be instrumental in the creation of an annual experiential marketing calendar of events and for actively promoting upcoming events internally so that MetLife’s various lines-of-business can fully exploit these partnerships as business-building opportunities.
- Ensure that all partnerships and events work in concert with corporate and LOB marketing efforts to enhance MetLife’s brand image, increase awareness and drive consumer preference.
- Develop consumer promotions aimed at generating interaction and engagement with MetLife.
- Contribute to strategic planning and lead the execution of partnership marketing efforts at MetLife, partnering with senior company leaders to identify their needs, match opportunities, and exploit business opportunities.
- Interact regularly with senior MetLife executives and salespeople to develop short-term and long-term marketing strategies, plans and programs. Continually adapt plans as needed to address their shifting needs with regard to partnership/event programs and promotions.
- Work closely with the Law and Procurement Departments to ensure that all contracts and deals are compliant with MetLife protocols and that any potential liabilities for MetLife have been identified and are mitigated.
- Lead the evaluation of new partnership and branded-content opportunities
- Work hand-in-hand with MetLife’s public relations and digital marketing professionals to actively drive media coverage of MetLife’s promotional campaigns.
Additionally, the Director will have responsibility for all aspects of managing the ongoing operations of the brand’s activation at MetLife Stadium, including: short and long term strategies for maximizing the media value of the partnership as an advertising vehicle; calculating this media value; managing vendors; developing and maintaining relationships with property executives; and working closely with internal partners (Public Relations, Internal Communications, Internet, etc.) to continually develop new strategies, programs and campaigns to further enhance the impact of MetLife Stadium.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field of study.
- 10+ years of experience in integrated / partnership marketing.
- High energy with a passion for pop culture, sports and entertainment.
- Superb customer service skills, professionalism and diplomacy.
- Able to craft and deliver presentations to MetLife’s most senior management.
- Exceptional organizational, project management and vendor management skills.
- Ability to handle multiple, complex assignments in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and uncertainties.
- Ability to judiciously consult managers, but make sound business decisions quickly, when necessary, in pressured situations.
- Maturity and ability to interface effectively with senior MetLife leaders, senior television executives (network and cable), event producers and league executives
- Manage budget and reporting for marketing activities in excess of $20 million per year.
- Excellent analytical skills to identify and measure meaningful marketing results.
- Proven negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Requires international travel and working evenings, weekends and holidays due to event calendars.
Global Brand & Marketing
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 37242