McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. It starts with the chain of events you initiate when you work with McKesson Pharmaceutical - a chain that extends across the country and results in millions of people getting more from their healthcare.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
We base our distribution excellence on electronic order processing, asset management tools, a commitment to Six Sigma methodology, order accuracy and supply chain safety. We work with our customers on solutions - including supply management technology, world-class marketing programs, managed care and repackaging products and services - that help them meet their business and quality goals. Our entire team works to ensure patients receive their medications efficiently and begin the process of healing.
As the nation’s largest pharmaceutical distributor, US Pharmaceutical is committed to driving total pharmacy health for customers and ensuring that customers receive the right drug at the right time, every time. This commitment is underpinned by McKesson’s focus on providing customers with the industry’s highest product availability, intelligent ordering capabilities and unmatched service accuracy.
Join our team of leaders to begin a rewarding career.
The Pharmaceutical business unit is looking for a full-time Director, Internal and External Communications. This position is responsible for contributing to strategic internal and external marketing communications programs and content, including PR (Public Relations.)
The candidate must possess strong marketing communications skills, including: message development, writing and copy editing, executing integrated marketing communications campaigns, an eye for design, and superior project management skills for both print and digital environments. The candidate must also have strong interpersonal skills and experience managing ‘internal client’ expectations and projects.
This position reports to the Senior Director, Marketing Communications in the Marketing Communications team within the McKesson U.S. Pharmaceutical business unit in San Francisco.
Manage a growing team of 2 strategic communications professionals responsible for internal and external communications, executive communications support, public relations and crisis communications.
- Internal/External and executive communications, including executive presentation and event support
- All-Pharma and/or strategic employee communications
- DC employee communications (and Union)
- Functional comms support (HR, Ethics & Compliance, Strategy, Generics)
- Public Relations (media outreach, press release development, coverage monitoring, social media strategy and content creation)
- Customer reference information/outreach management
- Customer/partner/3rd party, including program news
- Presentations/Collateral Development/Blogs/Videos
- Crisis/Issues Management/Change Management
- Special Projects
- Value Propositions (strategy, execution, refinement, communications)
8+ years of marketing experience including 5+ years managerial experienceCritical Skills
- 8+ years Communications experience
- Strong leadership skills managing marketing teams and executive presence
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, in creating communications materials for both online and offline environments
- Ability to work with a variety of internal and external customers, varying in seniority and work experience, including executives, designers, writers, legal, Investor relations, production vendors, and other marketing professionals
- Experience providing design guidance/recommendations for presentations and other communication materials.
- Understanding of and experience working with social media outlets
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Personal Characteristics; highly professional and organized. Strong leadership through influence. Self starter with minimal need for supervision. High degree of diplomacy and superior interpersonal skills. Sense of humor and ability to manage flexibly in a fast-paced, dynamic organization.
- Budget management experience.
- Vendor resource management experience.
- Ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities in a fast-paced marketing environment, delivering quickly on objectives
4-year degree in Marketing, Business or related field or equivalent experienceCertifications/LicensurePhysical Requirements
General Office DemandsBenefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
McKesson is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer – minorities/females/veterans/persons with disabilities.
Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.Agency Statement
No agencies please.
McKesson is in business for better health.