Do you have a passion for inspiring and informing people through internal communications? Do you enjoy working alongside executive leaders, and understand how communications can drive business priorities and engage employees? Do you embrace the continuous evolution of communications, love telling stories and understand how to combine insights with strategy and creative execution to drive business results? If so... come and join the Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success Communications team.
Director of Internal & Executive Communications, Microsoft Enterprise Services (a division of Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success)
This is a people management role that leads our internal and executive communications team for Enterprise Services. We have nearly 15,000 professionals around the world working directly with customers to help transform their businesses. You will lead a team of great communications professionals to build and execute executive and internal communications plans that support our business priorities and help our people do their best work. You’ll closely collaborate with senior executives, and lead and develop your team while creating a positive, creative work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
• Create and execute effective executive and internal communications plans to support major business priorities and initiatives.
• Invent and develop impactful communications programs to support organizational-wide priorities.
• Contribute to the health and culture of our Communications team - sharing your ideas, viewpoints, and creativity.
• Passion for collaboration – build strong partnerships and have a thirst to learn about new areas of the business.
• Craft and mold ideas and content into compelling communications for our leaders.
• Lead and develop a successful communications team, modeling Microsoft leadership and cultural priorities
If you are ideal candidate, you will possess:
• 10 years direct experience in communications, including employee communications, executive communications, and/or public relations, journalism.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex issues and deliver compelling information to an employee audience.
• Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including being thoughtful about how new channels and tools are creating new ways to inform and engage people.
• Experience of working on the launch of new products, services or initiatives
• Understanding of measurement and insights – and how to utilize them to continue to get better every day.
• Strong organizational skills and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities.
• Proven executive maturity and the ability to carry a strategic communications discussion with senior leaders.
• A passion for people and helping them grow and develop.
• A customer-obsessed mindset.
• Experience communicating on a global basis, across different cultures, is a bonus.
Microsoft Digital, Services & Success
With 23,200+ employees globally, Microsoft Digital, Services, and Success is one of the company’s largest groups, serving customers in 191 countries and 46 languages. Simply put, we help customers and partners get the most out of their technology investments by delivering their voices back to our business groups to make our technology even better—and by accelerating their transformation journeys to become digital businesses. For more information, visit www.microsoft.com/Services.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.