Kellogg Company is the place where you can grow. Where we can each achieve more for ourselves, with a boundless career that shapes the future. Here we can be more for the lives of others, sharing the benefits of good food.
Lead with us as you shape and deploy Global Human Resources communications. While you are at it you'll be building your network and expertise in a thriving environment of professional development and teamwork. And together we'll build a stronger future for our company and your career. WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
In your role as a Director, Internal Communications - HR at Kellogg, you will be part of our success by:
Qualifications: WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
- Developing, managing and executing the Global HR strategic communication plan across multiple audiences, functions, regions and channels.
- Working collaboratively with HR leaders and the Global Communications team, including functional and regional communications leads, to ensure message alignment and execution excellence.
- Ensuring effective coordination of change-communications programs between Corporate Communications and Kellogg functional and regional communicators.
- Ensuring content aligns with company-wide vision, purpose, strategy, values, priorities, messaging, programs, and initiatives.
- Drafting a variety of communications including key messages /Q&A, speeches and other scripts, decks, intranet articles, video scripts, and other general communications.
- Coaching and mentoring other team members and assisting in developing their skills and capacity.
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Global Corporate Affairs, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Corporate Communications, Journalism or related field with extensive understanding of communications principles and practices
- Excellent communication skills, including both advanced written and oral communications. Fluent in AP style.
- Ability to demonstrate effective critical thinking and strategic planning skills.
- Must be able to drive alignment with a variety of key customers throughout the organization including senior leaders and external vendor partners.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
- Experience in corporate communications, HR, change management communications and/or integrated or global business services communications.
- Knowledge of HR work processes
- SharePoint experience
This role will travel to Battle Creek, MI at least 40% if based in Chicago or Detroit area.
The ability to work a full shift, come to work on time, work overtime as needed and the ability to work according to the necessary schedule to meet job requirements with or without reasonable accommodation is an essential function of this position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.