Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.Job DescriptionSummary
Workday has repeatedly been recognized as being a great place to work: #18 on the 100 Best Companies to Work for in the U.S., #2 for Large Tech Companies, #1 for Ireland, #7 for Millennials and #6 for Diversity to name a few. The company is headquartered in Pleasanton, California with offices around the world.
Want to join a great team? We're looking for a seasoned communications professional with experience leading internal communications in a fast-paced, diverse workplace. The Director, Internal Communications develops and implements creative internal communications programs that engage, align, and inspire Workmates around our values, vision, and priorities. This innovative individual will have a great sense of humor and thrive in a highly dynamic environment. Ready to learn more?Key Responsibilities:
- Lead all aspects of internal communications for Workday globally.
- Develop an internal communications strategy to support the key organizations throughout the company and at a regional level, ensuring it can scale at the pace of the company's growth.
- Provide strategic counsel to senior executives and develop messaging and presentations for company updates, key initiatives, industry issues, and other topics.
- Strategic partner with IT to identify, leverage, and integrate technology that will increase the effectiveness and timeliness of internal communications, including Workday's intranet.
- Owns project plan and execution of numerous large-scale "Best Workplace" lists.
- Leads internal communications for key corporate projects and company news.
- Establish and track metrics that show the impact of internal communications and programs on employee engagement, productivity, and organization performance.
- Manage and mentor a global team of communications professionals, ensure high quality output and incorporating industry best practices for an internal communications function.
- Work hands-on with the team writing, editing, and distributing a variety of different communication materials.
- Cultivates Workday's "voice" across all internal communications, leveraging humor and fun to engage and inform - working closely with Marketing to ensure a consistent brand experience.
- Partner tightly with the other organizations within Corporate Communications and Marketing to ensure tight alignment of messages and narratives.
- Proven success developing and executing strategic employee communications across a variety of channels.
- At least 10-12 years working in corporate communications, including strategic internal communications experience, preferably in a fast-paced, high-tech company.
- Established track record collaborating with and proactively supporting senior leaders on communication strategies and best practices; client service mindset and consultative approach.
- Experience with change management and communicating large-scale initiatives across multiple internal target audiences.
- Strong motivator and advocate for the team, bringing a sense of "team first" to the table so the impact on the employee experience is cleanly understood.
- Ability to develop and execute comprehensive internal communications and engagement strategies to help achieve business objectives.
- Innovative mindset - always looking for ways to improve how Workday communicates with and engages employees.
- Outstanding writing and editing skills; ability to write for a broad spectrum of multi-media communications channels.
- Ability to distill complex information into clear, concise messaging; ability to write in a simple, direct, warm and friendly tone.
- High degree of flexibility, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Experience with event production and support is preferred.
- Technology industry expertise, with specific knowledge and experience in the software market, is favorable but not required.
- Bachelor's degree.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world's largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.
Workday is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Workday are considered without regards to age, ancestry, color, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, protected family care or medical leave status, race, religion (including beliefs and practices or the absence thereof), sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Further, pursuant to applicable local ordinances, Workday will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We do not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies, or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.
Workday is a leading provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources. Founded in 2005, Workday delivers financial management, human capital management, and analytics applications designed for the world’s largest companies, educational institutions, and government agencies. Organizations ranging from medium-sized businesses to Fortune 50 enterprises have selected Workday.