PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Internal Audit (IA) Services practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services which include outsourcing and co-sourcing and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services.
We also provide IA Performance Improvement services including External Quality Assessments and strategic assessments designed to help IA realize its full strategic potential. All of these services encompass PwC's strong industry sector experience and knowledge.
PwC's Internal Audit team provides services related to enhancing the value and effectiveness of the internal audit function.
This requires an understanding of an organization's objectives, risks, risk management priorities, regulatory environment, and the diverse needs of critical stakeholders including executive management, the board, employees, and shareholders. These needs determine the risk profile of the organization and the strategic focus, organization, resources and practices required of its internal audit department.
PwC Internal Audit professionals bring the right mix of internal audit experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a clients internal audit function. Our approach provides flexibility with the right knowledge to deliver relevant and focused internal audit results.
The technology landscape is changing fast â€“ social media, cloud computing, mobility, big data analytics, and cybersecurity are all increasing the complexity and risks of doing business, as well as opportunities. PwC's Risk Assurance, Internal Technology Audit Solutions is focused on providing best in class internal audit technology solutions to help our clientsâ€™ meet the increasing needs of boards, shareholders, and regulators. We partner with our clients to help them understand the evolving technology landscape, to assess technology risk and advise them in preparing their organizations to take advantage of the opportunities that technology presents. We have developed a holistic approach to auditing technology risks that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency; our approach is complimented by a specialized team of people with have practiced in public accounting and industry with extensive IT risk and controls, technical knowledge and sector-specific experience.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 7
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Certification(s) Preferred: CIA, CPA or CISA. Credential must be obtained prior to being promoted.
CIPP, CISSP, CGEIT, CISM, CRISC, or other relevant certification. Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven industry regard as a thought leader and/or success in roles involving leading and directing teams that create, develop, and execute internal audit technology solutions for clients, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, emphasizing intimate knowledge of the following areas:
- Understanding financial, operational, and technology processes and/or controls related to internal audits
identifying key risks and control; developing and reviewing audit programs; identifying and reporting issues; advising clients in remediation activities and controls optimization;
- Developing and executing IT risk assessments; IT audit standards and frameworksâ€”e.g. COBIT, ISO 17799, ISO/IEC 27002, ITIL, etc.; data security and privacy regulationsâ€”e.g. PCI, CPNI, HIPAA; extranet and third party connections, infrastructure and related technologies
SAP, ORACLE and MS SQL databases, Windows and UNIX/LINUX platforms, voice and data networks; web applications; ecommerce; and, wireless and/or mobile technology devices; and,
- Defining resource requirements and project economics areas, especially project management methodologies and toolsâ€”including outsourcing methodologies and operating models, and performing within in a professional services firm environment.
Multiple years in management within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process or internal controls specialist is preferred.
Demonstrates proven thought leadership, emphasizing abilities in the following areas related to leading and directing company-wide or firm-wide functions and overseeing complex engagements involving internal audit technology solutions for clients, preferably for a global network of professional services firms:
- Interacting effectively at all levels within and outside the organization, emphasizing interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills;
- Leading teams to manage effectively through change and allocate team workloads to deliver agreed upon commitments;
- Directing the creation of high quality deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues and work plans;
- Collaborating with clients by addressing client needs by understanding the client's business;
- Getting involved with and actively contribute to non-client, specific, firm-wide strategies and initiatives;
- Providing oversight and direction during planning sessions with clients at all levels;
- Communicating the value propositions of a broad range of Firm services to the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner, preparing and presenting complex written and verbal materials;
- Building, maintaining and employing a network of internal and external relationships while actively identifying and pursuing targeting opportunities, especially through developing a market presence by utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential new service opportunities; and,
- Promoting appropriate skilled and experienced engagement staffing and team development through facilitating and directing teams to generate a vision; establishing direction and motivating members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse view; coaching staff; encouraging team dialogue; providing candid, meaningful and timely feedback to encourage improvement; and encouraging improvement and innovation.