Responsible for executing Hyatt’s global tax strategy through leadership of international tax matters focusing primarily on the Asia Pacific region. This individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining multiple relationships involving extensive cross-functional collaboration. Daily tasks require both qualitative and quantitative analysis, resulting in both numeric and written work products. Up to 25% international travel should be expected. The ideal candidate should be located in (or willing to relocate to) either Chicago or Hong Kong.
Specific duties include:
• Directing tax efficient international tax planning, including coordination with Hyatt personnel (e.g., development, finance, legal, treasury) and local country tax advisors to structure global cash deployments, hotel management and franchise agreements, hotel debt or equity investments and transactional support.
• Collaborating with Hyatt finance personnel to implement local country planning, assess income tax risks and determine tax audit strategies.
• Developing and maintaining Hyatt’s global transfer pricing policies, including managing and review of US and local country transfer pricing documentation, with assistance from Hyatt finance personnel, and implementation of transfer pricing strategies in new markets.
• Supervising the completion of corporate income tax filings.
• Directing internal and external resources to manage local country tax audits and advising on audit strategy decisions.
• Monitoring legislative developments and advising on emerging tax related matters including income tax, indirect tax, and transfer pricing.
• Assisting with U.S. GAAP tax accounting matters including review of the foreign components of the effective tax rate and tax balance sheet accounts, computation of relevant U.S. international tax amounts, ensuring appropriate measurement of unrecognized tax benefits, and ensuring compliance with international tax internal controls.
• Supporting IRS audit matters including responding to IDRs and advising on audit strategy decisions.
• Developing and mentoring Hyatt’s tax professionals.
• Contributing to the continued improvement of Hyatt’s tax and finance processes.
A little about us:
Hyatt’s goal is to become the most preferred hospitality brand – loved and respected by all. We listen and evolve to meet and anticipate the needs of our colleagues, guests and partners.