PepsiCo is a leading global food and beverage company with a portfolio of brands, which include Frito-Lay, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Quaker and Tropicana. Through our operations, authorized bottlers, contract manufacturers and other third parties, we make, market, distribute and sell a wide variety of convenient and enjoyable beverages, foods and snacks, serving customers and consumers in more than 200 countries and territories.
This position is responsible for analyzing, developing, researching, implementing and documenting tax planning strategies relating to PepsiCo's international business operations that contribute to achieving the lowest sustainable effective tax rate and a lower cash tax rate. The position has a high degree of exposure to the company's business, finance and tax executives. The ideal candidate should have significant experience in international taxation including subpart F. Position Accountabilities: Tax Planning
- Analyze, develop, research, implement and document international tax planning ideas that contribute to achieving the lowest sustainable effective tax rate, a lower cash tax rate and reduce above-the-line taxes.
- Provide tax advice regarding the ongoing international business operations and initiatives including the subpart F implications and cash mobilization strategies.
- Address a wide range of US international tax issues including evaluating the impact of proposed treasury regulations, case law developments and BEPS related changes.
- Provide tax advice addressing issues arising in connection with PepsiCo's international Business Units, Treasury and Legal Departments.
- Provide technical tax support to the tax audit group in defense of the company's planning positions.
- Work closely with the compliance group to ensure the proper reporting of international tax planning.
- Maintain a focus on continuing to develop technical tax expertise and a deep knowledge of the business.
- Foster an environment of trust and inclusion.
- Develop strong relationships with business partners.
- Focus on developing leadership skills, e.g., through team based initiatives as well as through managing interdisciplinary projects.
- Identify and pursue career development opportunities.
Additional Preferred Education & Experience:
- JD preferred, or possibly CPA with a strong academic background.
- Minimum of 4 years of law firm, "big 4" or equivalent corporate experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- A solid tax technical background, including reorganizations and subpart F planning.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be an effective member of cross-functional teams.
- LLM or Masters in Taxation.
Not Eligible for Relocation
A little about us:
Our nation’s veterans bring unbeatable life experience, job skills and leadership to PepsiCo. Together We Win.