Company Description About Visa: Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity
. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere . This is our global vision and the common purpose
that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity
to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be .Job Description
The Director will be a key contributor to Visa DPS Prepaid Issuer Processing Services. This candidate will be responsible for contributing to the development of the Visa DPS Prepaid products and services. This role encompasses the definition of product requirements, while working closely with internal teams to deliver the products and services to Visa DPS clients. The ideal person for this role should have a passion for technology and payments, a strong product and technical background, and be detail oriented.
This position requires an individual who has a track record of bringing new products to market; has relevant issuer processing experience; understands the dynamic nature of innovation; thrives in a demanding environment; has outstanding communication skills and can manage and influence teams in a matrixed
environment. The Director will have the ability to assess a broad set of quantitative and qualitative issues in parallel, synthesize this information into key points and priorities, and make recommendations to prospects, clients and internal Visa teams (interaction with all levels). The role requires a broad conceptual thinking ability, combined with attention to detail.
Principle Responsibilities/Key Results Areas:
- Develop functional requirements around Prepaid Processing, in support of both
operational efforts and product enhancements, including cross-product
initiatives, to ensure that requirements are described in sufficient details
for successful new product development
- Participate in managing product strategies and business plans, managing the prioritization,
implementation and tracking of product initiatives
- Partner with internal groups on prepaid product launches to provide expertise on the
assigned products and services
- Lead, influence and collaborate with cross-functional teams to take new products
through the entire lifecycle from vision to business case development, pricing,
scope, business requirements, documentation, implementation, launch, post
launch general management
- Quickly and effectively develop expertise specific to the processing platform in order
to independently assess how new products and solutions would be deployed and to
assess product readiness
- Blend of business and technical acumen; excellent presentation and communication
skills with the ability to adjust for executive, technical and non-technical
- Develop and deliver presentations and documentation to both external and internal audiences
specific to Prepaid products and services
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8 to 10 years of experience in product
management or product development in the financial services industry is
- 5+ years of experience in electronic funds transfer, retail banking or payments card
processing is required
- Strong analytical skills and detail oriented
- Outstanding writing skills to communicate complex concepts to a broad audience
- Demonstrated ability to create complete, concise business and technical level requirements
including experience with use cases and cross-functional requirements
- A self-starter with initiative to learn a complex platform with multiple
- Ability to work creatively with strong problem solving skills and ability to manage multiple
priorities and demands
- Ability to motivate and lead high performing cross-functional teams to envision and
create innovative solutions that meet the needs of our worldwide customers
- The ability to work comfortably in a highly dynamic, fast-paced corporate
environment where a high degree of flexibility and adaptability is required.
Must be results-oriented, able to handle multiple tasks of an urgent nature and
must effectively deal with ambiguity.
- Compelling verbal and written communication abilities including public speaking and
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills; demonstrated effective listening and
questioning skills and is comfortable dealing with all levels in the
organization. Very comfortable receiving and giving feedback in a constructive
- Advanced skills in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Knowledge of Prepaid industry and experience is desired
- Experience working in Agile environment is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
As a global company at the forefront of the electronic payments industry, Visa is a dynamic organization.