Job Location: United States : North Carolina : Cary
A candidate has been identified
Internal Audit is an independent global organization that plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure that management anticipates, recognizes, and appropriately manages risks. The Director of IT Audit assists the VP of Global Technology Audit in driving coverage over and engaging in discussions regarding critical and high IT risks across the three lines of defense, and advises the line of business management and Risk Management on potential strategies to mitigate these risks. The position also supports transparency in communication and reporting on key IT risks and issues facing the organization to both Risk Management and the Audit Committee, including periodic updates on top risks and issues (e.g., Cybersecurity posture, major programs, IT compliance).
- Support the VP-Global Technology Audit in providing leadership and management of the Internal Audit team responsible for audit coverage of Global Technology and certain Shared Services functions (e.g., Corporate Security). This audit coverage includes the risk assessment, audit planning, audit execution, SOX testing, issues management, and reporting of consolidated results to MetLife Global Technology and Operations (GTO) leadership.
- Engage and report on both the audit plan and results of Global Technology activity (globally) within Internal Audit (regional business and IT leads, with the second line of defense, and to management. Network with and support the local, regional, and cross-line of business IT teams who provide audit coverage over certain technologies, processes and controls.
- Guide the Global Technology Audit team in its role as the IT subject matter experts for IA, by identifying emerging risks, providing insight into current IT risks globally, and providing support in the assessment and reporting of these risks throughout the three lines of defense.
- Build and maintain an effective and competent audit staff via an efficient organization structure, and provide leadership in a manner that motivates, engages and develops individuals and teams to successfully execute plans and drives strong results.
- Enable IA’s vision for the auditor of the future, by providing leadership and oversight into the Global Technology team’s enhancement of business acumen, critical thinking, and data analytics skills, and supporting the broader IA department’s objectives of enhancing their knowledge of IT risks and controls.
- Provide leadership and oversight over the execution of the GT audit plan by ensuring the team embeds quality in the procedures executed, and maintains general compliance with Balanced Scorecard Metrics.
- 10-12+ years IT audit experience, public accounting and/or IT security experience preferred.
- Proven track record of success as a technology audit leader, both advising management on current and emerging IT risks, and leading/coaching junior team members on methodology, stakeholder management, and the more technical aspects of IT audit reviews.
- Certified as a CISA, CISM or CISSP designation.
- Strong competencies/body of knowledge of cybersecurity and IT operations, having led multiple assessments of an organization’s processes against leading security standards/practices (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST, PCI).
- Proficient capabilities in the areas of IT risk management, critical thinking, root cause analysis, and written/verbal communications.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology or Accounting
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 42842
A little about us:
MetLife offers life insurance, disability income insurance, car insurance, employee benefits and more.